Help with Intex Krystal Klear System CG-28669 with ECO (Electrocatalytic Oxidation)

DrC

May 9, 2007
Ohio
Hello All,

I am in the process of putting up a new Sharkline Matrix 24'x54" pool to replace my 20 year old 24'x48". I want to switch from bleach to SWG. I am looking at the Intex CG-28669 with ECO as my SWG. I know this is in the lower class of units available but with purchasing the pool and equipment I am trying to be thrifty with the SWG. The unit says it will handle a maximum of 15,000 gallons and reading the forum it is recommended to buy a unit that will handle 1.5 to 2 times your pool capacity but that isn't in this years budget. Using the PoolMath calculator 24 foot round and depth of 4.5 feet (actual water depth) equals a capacity of 15,200 gallons so I am borderline for sure which may require a little longer runtime than normal?

I will be using my old pump and filter on the new pool. My plumbing is 1 1/2" PVC so I will have to purchase adapters to make the connections. My pump is a 2 speed model that runs on High speed most days when the roof solar calls for it. I am thinking of having the SWG make adjustments as needed overnight by running the pump on Low speed using a separate timer and the built in timer on the SWG controlling the SWG. Does this make sense it can work this way?

My second option is purchasing a Saltron Retro that doesn't require any connection to the pump. This is over double the cost but would be a lot less hassle to install.

Can I please get some opinions and advice from you SWG people, Thank You.

My SWG is about balanced for my pool at a 4 hour run time. I am at 6425g. So you would need to run it for 9-10 hours at a minimum. I can not remember what the maximum run time is unfortunately. It only goes so high though, and has no way to manually override it that I know of.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.