Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Bpaulhicks

1. Back To Top    #1

Bpaulhicks

Good morning I live in SC just put a 24 round pool in. Looking for info on using house hold bleach.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Bpaulhicks

Well, you came to the right place. Start reading the posts and absorb as much as your brain will allow, then ask specific questions related to your pool.

Before all of that, get a good test kit, TFT-100 with the XL option.

P.S. chlorine is chlorine, no matter where it comes from.
    16 x 32 17500 gallons
    Vinyl in-ground
    Hayward 250# Sand Filter
    1 HP Pump
    Hayward SWG

3. Back To Top    #3

First & foremost ... WELCOME! You have questions? We have answers. Yes, bleach is TFP's primary source for chlorination and attacking algae blooms if/when they occur. When used, along with other chemical additives at the recommended levels, bleach it totally safe and a great sanitizer with virtually no side effects to the pool or equipment. Please take a few moments to read the links below in my sig. Also, if you haven't done so already, we strongly urge you to get one of the recommended test kits. The proper test kit is everything. Why? Because we've all learned (from personal experience) you cannot reply on pool store tests, test strips, or simple over-the-counter kits. They don't read Free Chlorine (FC) or Cyanuric Acid (CYA) levels accurately or to the high levels we need.

Also, please add your pool info to your signature by going to the top of the TFP web page (just under the Pool School button) and select "SETTINGS". On the next page look to the left for a menu bar that says, “MY SETTINGS” and go to "EDIT SIGNATURE" to enter your pool and equipment info there. It will help us later.

Nice to have you with us!

- - - Updated - - -

Uh oh, my signature disappeared. I need to get that looked at. But the Pool School link at the top of the page as everything as well. - There it is, on my next post.

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP! Congrats on the new pool.

Have a look at this
    Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

Also, the bleach we use is just your typical household bleach form the grocery store. "Regular bleach". Same kind you see at many places around town.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Splash View Post

Uh oh, my signature disappeared. I need to get that looked at. But the Pool School link at the top of the page as everything as well.
    Edit the post and click the sig box lower left.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach