Skimmer line with a lot of bubbles

Hello everyone. I hope some one can help me with this. I have tried everything and nothing seems to work. I even called a pool guy and he didn't know what to do. He called me back 2 days later to tell me that another guy will run a pressure test and the cost will be $170.00 ( I cancelled the guy )

I have a pool with 1 MD, 1 skimmer and 2 returns. Everything was working perfectly fine until one day I start noticing a lot of bible coming from both returns. I have done everything. The presume is fine and the water run through the filtre with no air inútil we plus the machine info the skimer line; then it is a lot of air coming. The proble it is ONLY when the vacumme machine is conected.

It is not totally uncommon to see more air going through your system when vacuuming because the vacuum line may not seal the water quite as good as your regular plumbing. When I manually vacuum, I also see more air coming out of my returns, and my pump basket gets more air in it as well regardless of how well I try to bleed the air out of the system. Also, sometimes the pump pushes water out faster than it can pull it in through that long skinny vacuum line. Finally, make sure that before you connect the vacuum hose to your skimmer you are getting all the air out. I do this by NOT connecting the hose to the skimmer port until I bleed all air out of the hose. I take the other end of the hose and hold it to the return jet to fill with water and push all the air out. Once the hose tries to go under water and I feel confident all the air is out, then I connect the other end to the skimmer port. Hope that helps you.

Thank you Pat, but I already tried that. I think my problem it's more serious. When I plug the vaccumme, the pump lose all pressure. I switch the main valv between the MD and the skimmer to try get it prime but it is like something was stuck in the line. I blow it already and put a snake through and nothing.

how I can test if ther is a crack under ground? But if that is the case why I have a perfect pressure whe I don't use the machine?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.