Hayward AQL-PS-4 wiring help

Jun 12, 2015
AZ
Anyone have wiring instructions for a pool light and spa light on a AQL-PS-4? Found the instructions on wiring a 2 speed pump. Very helpful.

How many "accessories" can be wired to this 4 relay system? I have a blower(AUX 2), pool light(LIGHT), spa light(LIGHT) and 2 speed pump(MAIN & AUX 1). I think because the blower and low speed are using AUX1/2, do I have to add both pool light and spa light to the same (LIGHT) relay? No big deal if both lights come on/off at the same time.:(

I have a AQL-PS-4 and I have added a 2-speed pump. I added low speed wiring to AUX1. 2 speed pumps works fine. AUX1 was were my spa lights were located. Moved the wire to (LIGHT) Now my GFI shorts out everything when I power on my top left relay. (Main breaker also had to be reset) I have replaced the GFI and the same thing happens. When I disconnect all the wiring to the GFI (2 white 2 blue), the system doesn't short out but the lights do not work because they are wired to the GFI per city code.

You only have 4 relays so not counting valves, you can only have four accessories. However since you have a 2-speed pump you only have 2 open relays and since the blower is hooked to one of those that leaves you only one to connect the lights to.

If powering on the high speed of the pump throws the main breaker then you either have a shorted motor, wiring or have the relay wired wrong.

Can you post a pic of the wiring in the panel?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.