Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Bubblers

1. Back To Top    #1

Bubblers

We met with our #1 choice pb to get final pricing before signing contract. I asked about having 2 bubblers in our sun deck and he didn't seem to want to do them at all! Said they stick up and not flush and didn't even seem interested at all in giving us a choice to having them. Also..we have decided to do a L shape 20x44x10. Does $4,000 seem high for a Meyco 3' spacing winter cover installed?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Bubblers

We have 2 bubblers and they are totally flush. Kids love playing around them and I love the look! It does take extra plumbing so maybe he just doesn't want to bother?
    May 2015 completed- 50'x30' beach entry(26'), two 50' swim lanes, diving board, jump rock, 4'-9.5' depth, 40K+gal salt water, Pentair,Screen logic 2 mobile for intellitouch., intellichlor and intellichem automated system. Jacuzzi JLX cuz we rarely used the last in ground spa :)

3. Back To Top    #3

Is your pool concrete? He said they can be flush with concrete but ours will be vinyl. I'm bummed because I like the look also!

4. Back To Top    #4

Yeah, concrete. Bummer!!
    May 2015 completed- 50'x30' beach entry(26'), two 50' swim lanes, diving board, jump rock, 4'-9.5' depth, 40K+gal salt water, Pentair,Screen logic 2 mobile for intellitouch., intellichlor and intellichem automated system. Jacuzzi JLX cuz we rarely used the last in ground spa :)

5. Back To Top    #5

I'm not knocking water features in general or bubblers specifically (hey, who doesn't like splashing in a fountain!) but every water feature you own is just one more "thing" to service and take care of.

Bubblers definitely require more plumbing parts like Venturi air valves and booster pumps so it's going to drive up cost. Also, some folks here have reported that the bubblers, if run a lot, can mess with your water chemistry. The excess aeration tends to increase pH and add to the acid demand.

But hey, I'd probably put some in if I built a pool because I know my kids would love them...

Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

6. Back To Top    #6

We have three bubblers which stick up very slightly from the ledge. If we are in the pool they are generally on, so they are easy to spot. Even if you do step on them it wouldn't hurt in any way. Kids and the dog love them. Keep in mind each water feature is also more noise!
    17K freeform, IG, Primera Stone Sky Blue Treasure, Pentair DE, Intelliflo VS+SVRS, NOV 2014, K-2006, Pentair Racer, no gas in our area so pool only, no heater, will be looking at adding solar next season

7. Back To Top    #7

We have 2 bubblers that let me adjust from straight up or to the side to direct water flow. I do the latter to keep the ledge clean.
    8500 gallon IG Pebble Sheen with Spa. 3hp Pentair VS Intelliflo ( pool ), 3/4 hp WhisperFlo ( water feature ),Pentair Racer, 400K Pentair heater, Pentair 500sqft Cartridge filter, EasyTouch 8, Stenner 45mp2 15gallon wired to ET8

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks for the info. We are trying to decide between two builders that are pretty much equal in price but one doesn't recommend them and one has no issues. I really want them, so I guess I have my answer.

9. Back To Top    #9

Having 2 installed in the tanning ledge with an LED driver and they will be flush to top of plaster.