Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Converting from Kemtek All-In_one Chlorinating Granules to Bleach

1. Back To Top    #1

Converting from Kemtek All-In_one Chlorinating Granules to Bleach

I just started using the TF-100 Test Kit. All looks good. However, I just ran out of the chlorine granules and want to use liquid bleach. I've been putting two oz of the granules in each night, but I can't figure out how to do daily maintenance with bleach. What am I missing?
    Sharon
    Seattle, WA; 9x18 Intex Ultra Frame, 4,800 gal; AG; Krystal Clear Model 635T Filter Pump; Bought 2013; TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Converting from Kemtek All-In_one Chlorinating Granules to Bleach

Use Pool Math to figure how much 2 oz of the granules were raising your FC. Then use Pool Mat to figure how much bleach you will need for that same rise in FC.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Converting from Kemtek All-In_one Chlorinating Granules to Bleach

PoolMath is on the pull down tab bar on every page of this website. Get familiar with it and it will tell you how much of each chemical you need. You got the right test kit. Since I'm in Seattle too, the cheapest place I've found to buy bleach, if you're a member, is Costco. I get Muriatic Acid from Lowes. Good luck.
    21K gal 16' x 40' in-ground pool built 1959, old school with Jacuzzi bronze pump, American Products 24" Sand Filter & Americana Multiport valve, Jandy Lite2 millivolt heater, Coverstar cover, and classic Kreepy Krauly.