Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Question about pool finishes

1. Back To Top    #1

Question about pool finishes

Our pb said you can't put glass tiles on the step edges with a Wet Edge pebble finish. I wanted them for safety as well as decor.

What in your opinion in Wet Edge is the most aquamarine color. I want a greenish blue look. Can't decide.

Thanks !
    Gina from rainy ☔️ Houston
    Houston,TX, IG 15120 gal, gunite, 22' x 36',wet edge finish, Pentair equip, 420 cartridge filter, vs pump, Intelliflo vs booster pump for water features, 400,000 heater, auto fill ,PCC 2000 in floor cleaning ,2 LED lights,travertine coping, paver decking, 9x12 tanning shelf ,1 LED color bubbler, 2 5' benches w jets. Depth 4- 4 1/2- 5 , wall with 3 24" sheer decent , 2 spray heads, Intellitouch Controller.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Question about pool finishes

When you say edge, do you mean the very edge where the riser & runner meet?
    Or do you mean the more traditional inch or so back from the edge on the top surface?

Most of the ones I have seen are the latter but usually with Pebbletech or Pebblesheen.
    Can't imagine there would be any difference.

Essentially they are adhere to gunite then the finish is sprayed and trowelled around them making them flush. No different to the transition to the waterline tiles.
    40k gal freeform, IG pebblesheen, 9'x'6' raised spa, 2-1/2 hp Whisperflo, 520 sq/ft cartridge, Legend w/ booster, Intellibrite 5g in pool @ spa, Rainbow 320 Chlorinator(retired),
    Mastertemp 400k BTU, 3x3 hp Whisperflo Swimjets, 2x2 hp Whisperflow for 15ton moss rock waterfall, Intelitouch Controller, 850 sq/ft Travertine deck, Gas/Wood firepit,
    Autofill, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks, oz diver. I was talking about 1" from edge of the top step surface.
    Houston,TX, IG 15120 gal, gunite, 22' x 36',wet edge finish, Pentair equip, 420 cartridge filter, vs pump, Intelliflo vs booster pump for water features, 400,000 heater, auto fill ,PCC 2000 in floor cleaning ,2 LED lights,travertine coping, paver decking, 9x12 tanning shelf ,1 LED color bubbler, 2 5' benches w jets. Depth 4- 4 1/2- 5 , wall with 3 24" sheer decent , 2 spray heads, Intellitouch Controller.

4. Back To Top    #4

I plan on doing it and my PB knows and didn't say he couldn't do it. I would question it again.
    As for color, go on the wetedge site. They have some great videos that can help with color.
    Free form pool 90'3" prim, 14180 gallons. TF100 Kit In pool table with travertine top, 3sheer descents, Depth 3.5-5-4, Jandy 2HP pump, Inline Chlorinator, Wetedge Satin Matrix Antigua.