Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Generating chlorine, FINALLY!

1. Back To Top    #1

Generating chlorine, FINALLY!

After receiving the the wrong generator then the shipping company delaying the replacement (2-day air came 6 day ground) I am finally generating chlorine.

Unit is a Circupool SI-60 (60k gallon cell) and was painless to plumb in and wire up.

I used 920lbs. of Morton Solar salt (blue bag, no additives) instead of pool salt because it was 3.00 a bag cheaper than pool salt (Home Depot). My only complaint was I got about 10 lbs of rocks out of the pool after dumping the bags. Bigger salt crystals took a little more work than pool salt to dissolve but no big deal. Just put in 6 bags at a time and pushed around with pool brush.

If the Circupool unit lives up to the sales pitch I will be a happy camper.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Generating chlorine, FINALLY!

Excellent, congrats on getting that done. I love my SWG.

Here is a handy article about your water in case you haven't seen it yet.
    Pool School - Water Balance for SWGs

and how about adding your pool info to your sig as shown here,
    Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

If it's helpful, I've had my Circupool RJ30 for over 3 years and I love it, does exactly what they said it would
    10.5K IG gunnite pool with micro-pebble finish in Caribbean blue with Baja step. Haywood main filter with Perry's Pool Pump 1hp motor. Jandy CL-340 cartridge filter. Circupool RJ30 SWG system. TF100 test kit with Speedstir. Floating beer cooler.

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by laveenmoose View Post
    If it's helpful, I've had my Circupool RJ30 for over 3 years and I love it, does exactly what they said it would
    THanks it does!