May 23, 2015
Woodstock, VA
Errr, not sure if this is the right place to post this, but HEY worth a shot?

Anyway, just got a "new" pool this year. Bought a foreclosed house. been a total PITA if you know what I mean.

The liner is popping out in maybe 8 or so places. only about 2 are significant. One spot is probably 6 inches or so slipped out. I have been looking online to see the best method to put it back in, but I am not even sure if I have a beaded liner?

I have a few wrinkles in the bottom of the pool but nothing too crazy.

There was this plastic stuff rimming between the liner and the top of the pool. It all fell out or was missing. Is this essential to holding the liner in and should be replaced ASAP or is just for looks?

I have an inground pool. Since we have had it open it has not seemed to slip anymore.

Thank you for any help/advice/suggestions in advance!

My GUESS (and that is all it is) is that it got dry and cracked OR they used left overs.

You can and should get some new liner lock and put it in place. If you want you can't wait you can use pennies or Popsicle sticks LOL.

Kim

HOT water! Not so hot that it will burn your hands but several people have had good luck with pouring hot water on the liner where they need the extra give.

You can also use a blowdryer but I am VERY scared of that idea. Electricity + water = bad so IF you go this route be extra careful and mindful.

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The back side of a butter knife will help you press it down. Use care to not scrape the liner or anything. You can push it down with your fingers but they will get tired and sore after a while.

Having a helper would be awesome........on putting it in, the other pressing it down all the way.

Kim

Just had the pool sotre come and fix mine. Had 5 small spots. Cost $85 but worth it because I couldn't do it. He pulled the liner out further put water from pool behind it, poured hot water on the liner to make it more pliable and pulled up hard and stuck it back in. Took him probably 10 min to do all of it.

errr, pool place wants to charge over $100/hour. Is it a necessity for the spots to be fixed? they haven't changed in shape since we opened this year. We have had detrimental downpours all summer long and it seems that no rain has gotten behind the liner. (It is out of coping but very flush against wall). Any other way to make sure it doesn't get wet behind, or pull out more?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.