Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Liner?

1. Back To Top    #1

Liner?

Errr, not sure if this is the right place to post this, but HEY worth a shot?

Anyway, just got a "new" pool this year. Bought a foreclosed house. been a total PITA if you know what I mean.

The liner is popping out in maybe 8 or so places. only about 2 are significant. One spot is probably 6 inches or so slipped out. I have been looking online to see the best method to put it back in, but I am not even sure if I have a beaded liner?

I have a few wrinkles in the bottom of the pool but nothing too crazy.

There was this plastic stuff rimming between the liner and the top of the pool. It all fell out or was missing. Is this essential to holding the liner in and should be replaced ASAP or is just for looks?

I have an inground pool. Since we have had it open it has not seemed to slip anymore.

Thank you for any help/advice/suggestions in advance!
    19400 Gallon, IG, vinyl liner
    Sand filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Liner?

Shoot us a pic and we can help you know what kind of liner you have.

Did the stuff look kind of like this? Liner Bead Wedge Lock, Liner Lock - Poolstore.com - Your source for quality pool liners, covers and supplies.

or this? Pool Liner Coping Strips 24 - Box of 10 | Yardandpool.com

Kim (My house was also a foreclosure with a pool I did NOT want so I know what you are going through!)
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

It looks like the first link! But the pieces that fell out were all divided. Some were only 1 in, some were 6. I think I have one piece left I can take a pic of & also the liner (but the liner looks just like the one in that picture also).
    Sand filter

4. Back To Top    #4

My GUESS (and that is all it is) is that it got dry and cracked OR they used left overs.

You can and should get some new liner lock and put it in place. If you want you can't wait you can use pennies or Popsicle sticks LOL.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Here are some pics. I was able to push some spots that were popping out, but here are the major ones that I cant get by myself or need a trick or two to figure out.

liner 2.jpg
    Sand filter

6. Back To Top    #6

OK the other won't upload but is doing the same thing as in picture above just bigger. might be 8 or 9 inc across and hanging around 2
    Sand filter

7. Back To Top    #7

Why can't you get them? Is there not enough stretch to the liner? You can't get enough leverage to push/pull it up?

Let us know and we have some tricks to help depending on the "problem".

Kim

8. Back To Top    #8

I cant seem to stretch it far enough
    Sand filter

9. Back To Top    #9

HOT water! Not so hot that it will burn your hands but several people have had good luck with pouring hot water on the liner where they need the extra give.

You can also use a blowdryer but I am VERY scared of that idea. Electricity + water = bad so IF you go this route be extra careful and mindful.

Kim

10. Back To Top    #10

Is there any special way to install the liner lock? I ordered & it should be here by Friday. I want to get the liner in place and the liner lock in asap.
    Sand filter

11. Back To Top    #11

The back side of a butter knife will help you press it down. Use care to not scrape the liner or anything. You can push it down with your fingers but they will get tired and sore after a while.

Having a helper would be awesome........on putting it in, the other pressing it down all the way.

Kim

12. Back To Top    #12

Just had the pool sotre come and fix mine. Had 5 small spots. Cost $85 but worth it because I couldn't do it. He pulled the liner out further put water from pool behind it, poured hot water on the liner to make it more pliable and pulled up hard and stuck it back in. Took him probably 10 min to do all of it.
    Montgomery, AL
    27000 16 x 36 IG, Vinyl, Grecian, Hayward Sand filter, 1 HP Pentair whisperflo motor, Aqua Genie filter not by choice, no extra jets, Dolphin s300i robotic cleaner,Taylor K 2006 test kit, speed-stir which I couldn't live without!

13. Back To Top    #13

You know what?? I bet the water between the liner and wall was to help lub it so it would slid up better! Neat idea!

Kim

14. Back To Top    #14

I'm sure your right Kim, but scared me when he took the 8 in area out almost 2 ft w water behind it. Neat trick for all of us.

LIV have you got yours fixed?
    Montgomery, AL
    27000 16 x 36 IG, Vinyl, Grecian, Hayward Sand filter, 1 HP Pentair whisperflo motor, Aqua Genie filter not by choice, no extra jets, Dolphin s300i robotic cleaner,Taylor K 2006 test kit, speed-stir which I couldn't live without!

15. Back To Top    #15

not yet. Waiting for the liner lock to come, should be here Friday before I attempt the big spots. Afraid it will just slip back out again and all that hard work is for nothing.
    Sand filter

16. Back To Top    #16

ok tried and all I managed to do was make it worse.

Also that liner lock is a total Pain ITA

Thinking about calling the Pool place and making them do it. My fingers are raw typing this from messing with that stuff so much.
    Sand filter

17. Back To Top    #17

I am sorry. I hope they can/will help you out. It might be worth paying someone.

Kim

18. Back To Top    #18

LIV...I told they pool store guy that fixed mine said the loop lock doesn't work and is a pita.....hope you got it fixed. I couldn't do it either
    Montgomery, AL

19. Back To Top    #19

errr, pool place wants to charge over $100/hour. Is it a necessity for the spots to be fixed? they haven't changed in shape since we opened this year. We have had detrimental downpours all summer long and it seems that no rain has gotten behind the liner. (It is out of coping but very flush against wall). Any other way to make sure it doesn't get wet behind, or pull out more?
    Sand filter

20. Back To Top    #20

Any answers? Do I have to fix the spots that are pulling out???????
    Sand filter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast