PH 7.2
    TA 6.0
    CYA 0
    Salt 100

Figured 19,000 gallons

Added 30 mins ago

142 oz bleach to bring up to 5.0
    240 lbs salt need to buy 160 lbs more
    start with 5.5 lbs stabilizer container in sock. Need 7lbs 15 oz to get 50 CYA

Should I add all 7lbs 15 oz stabilizer in the next couple days or less? Am I on the right track? Do I leave SWG off till salt is dissolved?
    16X32 Rectangular In Ground Built 1998, New Vinyl liner and Motor 8/2012, 19,000, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward Super Pump,PoolPilot DIG-220 SWG, 2 Skimmers, Main Drain, Clean Machine Robot, Full Sun, Bleach, TFTest Kit
    Central, VA

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: New liner new water start up question

Adding enough stabilizer to get to 50 is fine since you will be aiming for 70-80 per the SWG guidelines. Once it is all dissolved you can assume you have 50 CYA and start running your SWG based on that number. In a week or so you can retest your CYA and aim for 70-80. I assume you mean your TA is 60, correct?
    JD - 28' Round Above Ground Pool, 17,000 Gallons. Dual speed Jacuzzi pump with cartridge filter. Dual speed 1 HP pump, Hayward S210T sand filter
    Pool School - PoolMath - HIGHLY Recommended Test Kits

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: New liner new water start up question

Yes TA 60. I'll get all the CYA put in the next couple days and keep the FC up. Thanks
    16X32 Rectangular In Ground Built 1998, New Vinyl liner and Motor 8/2012, 19,000, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward Super Pump,PoolPilot DIG-220 SWG, 2 Skimmers, Main Drain, Clean Machine Robot, Full Sun, Bleach, TFTest Kit
    Central, VA