BR-4
    PH-6.8

FC-3.5
    CC-1
    TC-4.5
    CH-275
    TA-50
    CYA-30

Plugged in numbers and printed recommended adjustments, my question is where to start lol. I'm new here and would appreciate all the help I can get. Also my pool is crystal if that helps.

Thank You for your help
    17x37 IG 20,000 gallons Pro Grid DE Hayward filter, Lighted waterfall with slide use BBB.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: First Test Results

Congrats on your TF 100

PH and FC are low.

CC is high.

You need to raise PH to 7.4

How does your water look?

- - - Updated - - -

Oops I see water is crystal clear.
    Once you add bleach and bring PH up the CC should come down
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for your quick reply!! Should I use Borax and do I mix and put through skimmer?
    17x37 IG 20,000 gallons Pro Grid DE Hayward filter, Lighted waterfall with slide use BBB.

4. Back To Top    #4

Hi Yankee,

your pH needs to come up a bit.
    Your FC at 3.5 with CYA of 30 is fine.

Using Borax to raise your pH will slightly raise your TA, which is ok. I wouldnt worry about intentionally adjusting TA right now.
    wait a bit and see how yoru pH reacts and how often you have to adjust it. test it every day or 2 over a couple of week period and if you have to adjust pH often, then consider making adjustment to it.

You could consider raising your CYA a bit if you want to, but 30 is fine if it suits you.

If you would add which type of surface you have (plaster, vinyl, fiberglass), they surface type matters and it would help us help you.
    Also, add how you chlorineate the pool...i.e, SWG or liquid chlorine. That matters too.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

5. Back To Top    #5

Glad to see you got that kit! Now YOU are in control. Outstanding.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

6. Back To Top    #6

Once again Thanks, I have stopped using pucks and now use bleach(little over a week now) and surface is vinyl.