Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Losing water at corners of intex ultraframe rectangular

1. Back To Top    #1

Losing water at corners of intex ultraframe rectangular

Hello. We have a 16x32 intex ultraframe rectangular. The liner drops a couple of inches at each of the 4 corners, and water is constantly splashing over them when kids in the pool. If anyone has any advise on how to block the corners off, I would really appreciate it. It's always wet around the pool, which is a problem since it's level. Has anyone seen how this can be blocked off somehow? All advise greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Intex 16X32 with Intex pump and SWG--nothing installed yet and will upgrade to larger pump and DE filter after full install completed.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Losing water at corners of intex ultraframe rectangular

Post a pic of a corner, but I'd look at taking some foam or thick vinyl and gluing it in the corners to help a little. You may be able to find some thick pool liner at a pool store or from an installer if you know any and use that.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Did anyone have a good solution? I just set up 12x24 and have similar concern.... would like to minimize water loss as much as possible. --Thanks

4. Back To Top    #4

Had same issue this season. Here's my solution using a deep bin from ikea kids storage. Need two bins for 4 corners. Cut to shape of corner. Drill holes. I may have done over kill. And string up. Zip ties probably just as good. image.jpgimage.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Dahkodah View Post
    Had same issue this season. Here's my solution using a deep bin from ikea kids storage. Need two bins for 4 corners. Cut to shape of corner. Drill holes. I may have done over kill. And string up. Zip ties probably just as good. image.jpgimage.jpg
    How did this hold up? Has anyone else found other solutions? Thanks so much!