Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Washing testing "dishes"

1. Back To Top    #1

Washing testing "dishes"

Do I need to be washing the testing vials in distilled water after each use? It seems that I remember reading that somewhere, but now I can't find it anywhere. I've just been washing them with our "city" water after testing. Does this leave extra chlorine to dry in the vials?
    18 x 36 IG vinyl (new liner 2015) , 26k gal, Hayward 1hp single speed pump, Sta-Rite sand filter (T240BP-1)

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Sierra Vista, Az

Re: Washing testing "dishes"

I just wash mine out with regular water before and after each test.
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Washing testing "dishes"

I rinse with pool water (from my sample bottle) before I test and pour out the tests into the sink and rinse with tap water after the test.

BTW, when done with a test, I let the tap water fill and overflow the vial to get the chemicals out and then dump the SpeedStir pill into my hand.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!