Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New pool pics and numbers

1. Back To Top    #1

New pool pics and numbers

Finally the pool is out of the box and up! Took a few days and many men to dig up cypress knees for a level pool pad. Here are some pics of the process and my chemistry numbers at the end:

Pool was full on Monday and I added the salt. Ph was 8.5. Brought it down to 7.5 and added my sock of CYA. Here are today's numbers:
    Ph 7.5
    FC 4 (Intex SWG ran for 8 hours Tuesday and I had FC way to high, so haven't turned it on again yet)
    CC 0.5
    CYA 50 (just put it in Monday evening)
    CH 150
    TA- this I am not sure about. Is pink the same as red for the purpose of this test? The solution was still pink after 40 drops and I gave up.
    Thanks to everyone who has helped me get this far!

Intex Ultra 9'x18' AG, 2800 Gph .75hp pump, 77# sand filter, Intex ECO SWG, Hayward wide mouth skimmer, KK Lil Shark vacuum, Intex magnetic light, TF-100 w/ SpeedStir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New pool pics and numbers

The TA should start green and change to pink/red.
    All test are done until the last drop does not cause any further color change and then do not count that last drop.
    Careful with the static on the TA test too as the instructions state, wipe the tip.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Ahhhh, I see...that helps! I probably missed that in the directions somewhere. Let me do the TA again, because I don't know when it changed to pink, as I was waiting for red. Thanks for the help!

Oh, yea, I did wipe the tip too.
    Intex Ultra 9'x18' AG, 2800 Gph .75hp pump, 77# sand filter, Intex ECO SWG, Hayward wide mouth skimmer, KK Lil Shark vacuum, Intex magnetic light, TF-100 w/ SpeedStir

4. Back To Top    #4

Ok, TA is 110.

5. Back To Top    #5

Sounds like you are in pretty good shape
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter

6. Back To Top    #6

Do I need to lower the TA? I read to do that by aeration, but how would I accomplish that without a fountain? I don't have time to build something. Is there an easy, quick solution?
    Also, do I need to add more CYA or will the level come up more over the next few days? Everything that was in the sock dissolved. Sorry if these are stupid questions- I just don't want to get it wrong.

7. Back To Top    #7

No there is no need to actively lower the TA.
    Also aeration does not lower TA, it just raises pH ... so then you can add acid to lower the pH and TA.

What was the CYA target you used when you calculated how much CYA to add?
    Jason, TFP Moderator

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks for the explanation. I *think* I put a goal of 70 for CYA.

9. Back To Top    #9

Then I would wait a full week to verify the CYA level before adding more.
    Jason, TFP Moderator

10. Back To Top    #10

Thanks for your help Jason!

11. Back To Top    #11

Just FYI, I have the same SWG. My pool is just over 6000g. I am at 5 hours per day of SWG time and still overshooting slightly.
    6425g Intex Ultraframe 18'x48" AG
    Stock 1500gph cartridge filter / Intex SWG CG-28669 with E.C.O.
    Install date: 5/26/2015
    TF-100
    Helpful Links

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba_Steve View Post
    Just FYI, I have the same SWG. My pool is just over 6000g. I am at 5 hours per day of SWG time and still overshooting slightly.
    Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I did not put any bleach in and only used the SWG, set at 4 hours and pushed the boost button. That little SWG sure does it's job!