Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: blue granite pebble sheen

1. Back To Top    #1

blue granite pebble sheen

today was pebble day now i know its not done but is it supposed to be this grey and bumpy?

( Under Construction) (May, 11th 2015 start date) 25' x 16' free-form, IG shotcrete, Blue Granite pebble sheen, travertine with stacked stone sheer descent, Hayward variable speed pump,

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: blue granite pebble sheen

Looks pretty normal to me.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

I think it looks that way until they acid wash. OMG you are almost done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE continue to post pics - I want to see EVERYTHING
    ~Wendy
    33'X17' Sports Pool (3'6"-5'-4'6") 7' flush Spa, Blue Granite PT, Waterfalls, Weeping Wall, Baja Ledge and Doggie Beach Entry! Pentair Clean and Clear 420, IntelliFlo XF Pump, SuperFlo 1.5 HP Feature Pump, MasterTemp Heater, Pal-Treo LEDs, Dolphin M4, Liquid Chlorine & TF-100 - My Build Thread

4. Back To Top    #4

Look at mine. It was exactly the same.
    Presently you still have a film of plaster hiding the pebbles.
    Next day they buff it with an abrasive wheel and wash it down with muriatic acid.
    This knocks the rough bits off and reveals the pebble.

Then they will set the pool filling.
    40k gal freeform, IG pebblesheen, 9'x'6' raised spa, 2-1/2 hp Whisperflo, 520 sq/ft cartridge, Legend w/ booster, Intellibrite 5g in pool @ spa, Rainbow 320 Chlorinator(retired),
    Mastertemp 400k BTU, 3x3 hp Whisperflo Swimjets, 2x2 hp Whisperflow for 15ton moss rock waterfall, Intelitouch Controller, 850 sq/ft Travertine deck, Gas/Wood firepit,
    Autofill, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Oh my goodness, I'm so jealous. It's beautiful! The grey in the color is what keeps the water color from having a green tint. Hopefully that's what you wanted.

When you go to Ozdiver's pool build, make sure to also look at his finished photos of shady Blue Granite and sunny Blue Granite - posts #s 23 and 39 - gorgeous!

Ozdiver: The second picture on your thread of the plaster install is a much brighter blue than the first picture. Is that the acid wash the next day? They look so different - both beautiful! Suz.
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

6. Back To Top    #6

Yes, the 1st plaster install picture is plaster going on, sunny day.
    the 2nd is acid washing the following day, cloudy day.

The photo saturation is also noticeably different. Both sets of guys had same color company shirts on.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...uild-Spring-TX
    40k gal freeform, IG pebblesheen, 9'x'6' raised spa, 2-1/2 hp Whisperflo, 520 sq/ft cartridge, Legend w/ booster, Intellibrite 5g in pool @ spa, Rainbow 320 Chlorinator(retired),
    Mastertemp 400k BTU, 3x3 hp Whisperflo Swimjets, 2x2 hp Whisperflow for 15ton moss rock waterfall, Intelitouch Controller, 850 sq/ft Travertine deck, Gas/Wood firepit,
    Autofill, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir

7. Back To Top    #7

Ok, I went and looked and ozdivers pool looks awesome. Your right it does look the same when they're not finished. I'm too excited should be putting water in tomorrow. Then the last step will be finishing the deck.

8. Back To Top    #8

You have homework tonight ...

Please add your location (City, State or City, Country) to your profile and pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter

9. Back To Top    #9

Hm what happened to my pool details ?? you can see them in my initial post then they dissappeared

10. Back To Top    #10

They do not show up when some people are on their phone for some reason ... they always do for me though.
    Jason, TFP Moderator

11. Back To Top    #11

TFP Guide

Maybe Pac Man ate them!!! (oops, I think you're too young for Pac Man!) Suz.
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

12. Back To Top    #12

wokka wokka wokka
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

13. Back To Top    #13

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by pooldv View Post
    wokka wokka wokka
    There's a guy from the Pac Man age - or he's into retro! Suz.

14. Back To Top    #14

15. Back To Top    #15

OMG, OMG, OMG.

What are your depths so we can watch the water and color come to life?!!!
    ~Wendy
    33'X17' Sports Pool (3'6"-5'-4'6") 7' flush Spa, Blue Granite PT, Waterfalls, Weeping Wall, Baja Ledge and Doggie Beach Entry! Pentair Clean and Clear 420, IntelliFlo XF Pump, SuperFlo 1.5 HP Feature Pump, MasterTemp Heater, Pal-Treo LEDs, Dolphin M4, Liquid Chlorine & TF-100 - My Build Thread

16. Back To Top    #16

Hey, now that you have a pool! YAY! How about adding your pool info to your signature as shown here, Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

17. Back To Top    #17

are they going to put diverters on the (I assume) return lines I see under the sheer and to the right? Or do those return pipes just shoot straight into the pool as is?
    10,500 gal IG, Topaz Pebble, auto-level
    Hayward DE filter, 2HP Ecostar VSP, ProLogic PS-4, GVA actuators
    Cal Pools Wave Force Plus (wall return jets plus 2 floor pop-ups), Venturi Skimmer
    Water sheer, 2 wok pots, bubbler stem on the baja step
    ColorLogic Mutlicolor LED lamp. Taylor 2006+speed stir

18. Back To Top    #18

I have added all the specs to my signature but I'm not sure why it doesnt put them when I use my phone any idea how to fix that?

The depth is 3.5-5 ft

19. Back To Top    #19

That looks like it is going to be amazing!
    18' to 29' wide by 37' long, 22K gal, Lagoon Free form, vinyl lined, in ground Pool with SWG, Hayward Cartridge 175 Filter, 3/4 HP Tri-Star, Gas fired 300 BTU heater

20. Back To Top    #20

Good job on the color choice. I'm thinking I should have gone with something similar for my pool.
    Replastered 2015: Sunstone Quartz Midnight Blue 16x32 rectangular gunite with in-pool spa....18,000 gallons. Autopilot Total Control System with SWG and acid pump. Pentair Clean & Clear 420. Auto cover. TF-100.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast