New SWG pool owner HELP!

I just tested the water in my pool and it shows HIGH pH 8.4 plus HIGH Alkalinity 240 and HIGH Calcium
I did use well water to fill the pool.. I tried pool math but I was confused...Remember this is my first pool, I'm afraid of pouring chemicals in without being sure of amounts...Thank you for your help!

You came to he right place, and welcome! We have many SWG expert here. Here is some info on the Poolmath calculator:
Enter the capacity of your pool at the top. Then on the left, pick a category (i.e. FC for Free Chlorine). Enter your NOW number, and enter what your TARGET or goal is. You will find that out by looking at either that the Recommended Level or Chlorine/CYA chart links in my sig below. The calculator will tell you how much of what type chemical is required to help you meet that target. Does that help?

- - - Updated - - -

I will also tell you that well water have the potential to create a problem or two, but nothing that can't be addressed here. Besides what I've said already, let us know if the water changes color or has any "tint" to it (i.e. yellow or green).

Most importantly ... what test kit are you using to get those readings?

Welcome to TFP!

First, answer TxSp question, what test kit are you using? If it is not one of the Recommended Test Kits then do not add anything to your pool. Test strips and pool store test results are almost as good as sticking your finger in the water, holding it up to the wind and writing down what you think the number is.

Here is the Water Balance for SWG Pools
Here are the Recommended Pool Chemicals and how to add them
Use Poolmath to calculate how much to add

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!! I'm so lost!! I used hth test strips...I guess this is my first mistake...The water looks clear, but has a green tint on the wall and floor of the liner. The test does say all levels are high.. Salt is good though. I just want the green tint to go away!
Thanks again for all the help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.