Pool Equipment - Surround

tackettaj

LifeTime Supporter
May 26, 2015
Mooresville, NC
We just finished with getting our pool built but due to HOA regulations and space constraints we had to place our pool equipment in the back yard behind the pool. I've been searching for some nice ways to enclose the equipment but haven't found anything that I would be happy with. Looking to get some ideas. The picture shows location of the equipment.

6-11-2015 2-22-05 PM.jpg

I would think about building a 2 sided trellis and plant or put in pots some jasmine or other sweet smelling climbing plant.

Or you could build a 2 sided "privacy fence" around it and paint a cute mural on it.

Just make sure you leave plenty of room all around the equipment in case you need to remove it or work on it.

Kim

Weed barrier with big rocks all around held in by brick or such. This is to keep it clean and weed free.

Lattice or a privacy fence . I would not paint it as that is just another thing to take care of. I would do as I said above--plant climbing vines to pretty it up and hide it. Some thing that smells good.

I would only do it on the two side to allow room to work with the equipment if needed.

Kim

I would dig a footing with rebar coming up about 6 feet. Then would bend it to give a shape of a rock. Cover the rebar with screed using tie wire to attach it to rebar. Then get the fiber glass fill to mix with sand and cement to cover the screed. while it is still setting up form with trash bags, berlap sack, and hand tools to look like a big rock. Finish with 4 or 5 colors of paint applied with a pump sprayer. Take your time search you tube and it look like a rock and will not look out of place like a fence.

I would dig a footing with rebar coming up about 6 feet. Then would bend it to give a shape of a rock. Cover the rebar with screed using tie wire to attach it to rebar. Then get the fiber glass fill to mix with sand and cement to cover the screed. while it is still setting up form with trash bags, berlap sack, and hand tools to look like a big rock. Finish with 4 or 5 colors of paint applied with a pump sprayer. Take your time search you tube and it look like a rock and will not look out of place like a fence.

That sounds impressive!

- - - Updated - - -

I just ordered this screen to hide my propane tank that will go just past the edge of the woods. Not sure if it would work for your space but it comes in different colors. Woven Resin Privacy Screen

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That would for sure be a quick inexpensive way to do it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Laugh if you want.....however - one word - Pinterest. Join and do a search. Lots of great ideas you would would not normally think think of. Also lots of pool landscaping ideas. I look at it, and see some clever and fun ideas, however not knowing your tastes, makes it harder. Are you traditional, low maintenance, a DYI type, etc? Might help to see back of house and other landscaping in area to blend the concept in.

734315.jpg

Here's some overkill on hiding things, but sure does work...ha

surround1.jpgpool2.jpg
20150630_232635.jpg20150630_232627.jpg

The equipment surround has a 12 x 12 footing with 1/2 rebar every 18" vertical and 18" horizontal. I would bend the rebar to get curves in it. I used premix concrete on the wall and applied it with a shovel. Basically I just lobed it on and formed with trowels, plastic bags, burlap and brushes. You will need to allow it set up a bit before working it. Just remember there is no set texture or shape of a rock. The biggest thing that gives a fake rock the real look is the painting. I painted a base coat with flat (all paint flat) tan with pump sprayer and brush very thick. The rest was browns, gray, black, and other mixtures of the same colors. All of the rocks you see in these photos are hand made.

All of those rocks/boulders look amazing!! I love how you did the rock screen for the pool equipment. Did you do all the work on your pool and grotto, etc? Do you do this as a hobby or your work? Fabulous!!
Suz.

I made most of the rocks and the equipment screen. I hired some one to do the entire grotto. The build was back in 2006 or 2007 owner builder. I work in the construction field and have lots of contacts. The thing that makes these look so good is the painting. Thank you for the kind words.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.