Well, we just bought an above ground 12 x 30 Summer Escapes pop up pool from walmart, set it up and filled it this past Friday. The kids swam in in that evening, Saturday afternoon and evening and again Sunday. Sunday night, I finally had the thought that we might need to treat this water since they are flopping around in it. I went back to walmart and bought the HTH starter kit and was immediately overwhelmed. I have shocked the water once, on Monday. The kids swam in the pool the next day (Tuesday). I have been keeping the cover on when not in use, and just realized that it keeps the water hot. The pool was covered all day yesterday and we went to take the cover off today and the pool looks cloudy. So.....no knowledge me....and with the advice from my husband....I added a cap full of the shock to the pool again...and for the first time, I added 2 cap fulls of the chlorine. I need some serious help. First off....can the kids use the pool when you use the shock? Also... I am a math dummy..... all this talk about pH, alkalinity, blah, blah, blah..... please explain to me step by step, as if I were a 7 year old, what to do to keep my pool swimmable for these girls? I am in desperate need of some help...... Any answers will be greatly appreciated.
Desperately Seeking to Swim