Cheap Summer Fun

Jun 11, 2015
Dallas, TX
Hi!
I am Diana Duncan. I live in Dallas, TX and have 2 beautiful girls (Sydney 7 and Ava 4). I started working from home full time in June and thought it would be nice for the girls to have a pool since they will be home with me all day. I can save money on daycare and provide hours of fun for them as well. Well, yadda, yadda, yadda...... I am now on this sight. My husband has never wanted a pool because he's always heard that it requires too much work. I, on the other hand, love pools, beaches, anything that has to do with water. So, I am joining this forum to try to prove that it's not that bad.....:confused:. Happy to have found this place!!!

Welcome to TFP!

We all are all about easy and simple. I will suggest two things, but knowledge is the key to all we do. Please take the first step of reading the ABCs in Pool School. Below is a link to our temp/seasonal pool guide. You can choose that route, or treat this as a normal sized pool. We will be here to help when you have questions for doing it either way. Just let us know, and enjoy your stay on the forum. You can click the ABCs link in my sig to find it easily.

Pool School - Guide for Seasonal/Temporary Pools

Hi!
I am Diana Duncan. I live in Dallas, TX and have 2 beautiful girls (Sydney 7 and Ava 4). I started working from home full time in June and thought it would be nice for the girls to have a pool since they will be home with me all day. I can save money on daycare and provide hours of fun for them as well. Well, yadda, yadda, yadda...... I am now on this sight. My husband has never wanted a pool because he's always heard that it requires too much work. I, on the other hand, love pools, beaches, anything that has to do with water. So, I am joining this forum to try to prove that it's not that bad.....:confused:. Happy to have found this place!!![/

Welcome! If you can stick to the suggested way of caring for your pool outlined on this site,your husband will be doubly amazed, it's so much less expensive this way!

I argued and procrastinated about a pool with my wife for years. :) Finally I broke-down and we got a small Intex to get a taste of what it was like. That was all it took. The next year we had our pool (My pool link below). For the most part, all I have to do is feed it some bleach each day and rinse my filter once a month or so. Maybe vacuum every week or two depending on the wind and the amount of foot traffic in & out. But it made our backyard a fun place to be.

Read the links on this site, they are very informative. Besides pool maintenance, many TFP'ers can answer a lot of general pool build questions for you as well, so don't feel trapped by the seller or builder. Welcome Dallas! :)