Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cheap Summer Fun

1. Back To Top    #1

Wink Cheap Summer Fun

Hi!
    I am Diana Duncan. I live in Dallas, TX and have 2 beautiful girls (Sydney 7 and Ava 4). I started working from home full time in June and thought it would be nice for the girls to have a pool since they will be home with me all day. I can save money on daycare and provide hours of fun for them as well. Well, yadda, yadda, yadda...... I am now on this sight. My husband has never wanted a pool because he's always heard that it requires too much work. I, on the other hand, love pools, beaches, anything that has to do with water. So, I am joining this forum to try to prove that it's not that bad...... Happy to have found this place!!!
    12 x 30 above ground Summer Splash pool (approx. 999 gallons) came with filter and pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Cheap Summer Fun

Welcome to the forum. Be sure and keep an eye on your angels.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!

We all are all about easy and simple. I will suggest two things, but knowledge is the key to all we do. Please take the first step of reading the ABCs in Pool School. Below is a link to our temp/seasonal pool guide. You can choose that route, or treat this as a normal sized pool. We will be here to help when you have questions for doing it either way. Just let us know, and enjoy your stay on the forum. You can click the ABCs link in my sig to find it easily.

Pool School - Guide for Seasonal/Temporary Pools
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to the forum. Pool care can be very difficult if you don't know what you are doing. People who listen to the pool stores advice usually end up poorer and frustrated. Since I have found this site My pool care is a breeze, and really inexpensive too! Good luck!
    Gunite/Plaster pool at 13k gallons. All Jandy with CL340 series cartridge filter, 1.5 HP Jandy Stealth pump. Jandy 1400 SWCG and PDA4 controller. Dual waterfalls. Polaris 280. Pool installed August 2012. Southern Louisiana. And lets not forget my trusty TF100 test kit!

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome to TFP neighbor!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

[QUOTE=dianalduncan;837076]Hi!
    I am Diana Duncan. I live in Dallas, TX and have 2 beautiful girls (Sydney 7 and Ava 4). I started working from home full time in June and thought it would be nice for the girls to have a pool since they will be home with me all day. I can save money on daycare and provide hours of fun for them as well. Well, yadda, yadda, yadda...... I am now on this sight. My husband has never wanted a pool because he's always heard that it requires too much work. I, on the other hand, love pools, beaches, anything that has to do with water. So, I am joining this forum to try to prove that it's not that bad...... Happy to have found this place!!![/

Welcome! If you can stick to the suggested way of caring for your pool outlined on this site,your husband will be doubly amazed, it's so much less expensive this way!
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!

7. Back To Top    #7

I argued and procrastinated about a pool with my wife for years. Finally I broke-down and we got a small Intex to get a taste of what it was like. That was all it took. The next year we had our pool (My pool link below). For the most part, all I have to do is feed it some bleach each day and rinse my filter once a month or so. Maybe vacuum every week or two depending on the wind and the amount of foot traffic in & out. But it made our backyard a fun place to be.

Read the links on this site, they are very informative. Besides pool maintenance, many TFP'ers can answer a lot of general pool build questions for you as well, so don't feel trapped by the seller or builder. Welcome Dallas!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!