My 20 year old Pool Died - Buying a new one

DrC

May 9, 2007
Ohio
Hello All,

My pool has rusted out (2 post and bottom rail) and collapsed but at 20 years old it didn't owe us anything. I am looking at buying a new Sharkline Matrix from BlakeJ at PoolSupplyWorld.com. I also want to switch to Salt Water and need recommendations as to the SWG to use. I am looking at either the Intex Krystal Klear or the Saltron Retro when I order the pool. I know that these are both on the low end of available options but feel they will work as starter units. With buying the pool I want to start with a cheaper SWG. Reviews are mixed on both of these units but I am willing to try either one. would like to hear your opinions.

DrC

I know nothing about SWGs, but would love to see pics of the new pool pool and installation when you do it. Will you be installing yourself or having someone do it for you?

Thanks for the replies.

Pigeon, we will be doing the install ourselves as we did with the original. We have got the old pool down and starting to clear the ground for the bottom rail as the weather cooperates. We previously had a sand cove and will be switching to foam on the new pool so a little sand work to do. Will need to set some new patio blocks as the Matrix has 18 uprights vs the 16 of the old pool. We are going to leave the old ones in to use as leveling points for the new blocks.

Scuba Steve, going from 48" walls to 54" walls I am figuring an approximate 3,000 gallon difference. Having to run the Intex for 8 to 12 hours would be no problem. If I go that way I will run the pump on low speed for 12 hours overnight using an electronic timer to turn the pump on/off and the Intex timer to control the SWG 15 minutes maximum turning it on after the pump starts and before it turns off. Reading up on the Saltron Retro it may be a better way as it does not require any connection to the pool pump. Decisions, Decisions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.