Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: It started with a small plastic kiddie pool

1. Back To Top    #1

It started with a small plastic kiddie pool

Then a 10' easy set, then a 12' easy set and this year a 15' Intex Metal Frame pool.

I figure it's time to start looking at water quality more seriously with the larger volume of water I am keeping now. And I'm sure we will trade up in the future also. I'm glad to find this site as there is a wealth of information and a lot of friendly helpful people here!

Our 15' was set up on Memorial Weekend. I have been running the small stock Intex cartridge filter 24/7, using 1" chlorine tabs in a floating dispenser and using the shock once a week. I currently have a simple test kit that reads only chlorine and pH. I'm reading here now that I should be switching to a bleach routine. Learning is fun!

Yesterday I ordered a Taylor K-2006 FAS-DPD test kit and a 14" Intex sand filter. They both should be here Saturday or Monday.

I just want to give a shout out to say THANK YOU to all who have posted the information that I have already read and to those who have posted the information I have yet to read.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: It started with a small plastic kiddie pool

You're quite welcome!

Good to have you here, and thank you for the kind words about TFP. Enjoy your time here.

TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP! Lots of us started like that. Pretty soon you will have build thread going!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by pooldv View Post
    Welcome to TFP! Lots of us started like that. Pretty soon you will have build thread going!
    LOL - Fast forward two years and there is a brand new 26' Ultra Frame in my garage ready for a build thread.
    16,000 Gallon, AG Intex Ultra Frame, Intex 3000 Sand Filter System, Intex SWG, Taylor K-2006 FAS-DPD

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Can't wait to see it!! Here comes the gratuitous request...

If you think TFP has helped you, please consider donating by using the Support TFP button above. It's tax deductible and helps keep the lights on! Plus there are some cool perks too!
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals., Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me), Goldline SWG, 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Intermec 104 Timer Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

6. Back To Top    #6

Sweet pool upgrade!
    TFP Moderator
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Dad View Post
    LOL - Fast forward two years and there is a brand new 26' Ultra Frame in my garage ready for a build thread.
    DUDE! That is awesome! What is neat is it is just as easy to care for if not easier than a little pool!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by pabeader View Post
    Can't wait to see it!! Here comes the gratuitous request...

If you think TFP has helped you, please consider donating by using the Support TFP button above. It's tax deductible and helps keep the lights on! Plus there are some cool perks too!
    Just did, I don't want the lights going out anytime soon.
    Burning some PTO next week so I better go get that build thread fired up.
    16,000 Gallon, AG Intex Ultra Frame, Intex 3000 Sand Filter System, Intex SWG, Taylor K-2006 FAS-DPD

9. Back To Top    #9

Yeah, get to work.

Thanks for supporting TFP!
    TFP Moderator