Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: It started with a small plastic kiddie pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Eastern Nebraska

It started with a small plastic kiddie pool

Then a 10' easy set, then a 12' easy set and this year a 15' Intex Metal Frame pool.

I figure it's time to start looking at water quality more seriously with the larger volume of water I am keeping now. And I'm sure we will trade up in the future also. I'm glad to find this site as there is a wealth of information and a lot of friendly helpful people here!

Our 15' was set up on Memorial Weekend. I have been running the small stock Intex cartridge filter 24/7, using 1" chlorine tabs in a floating dispenser and using the shock once a week. I currently have a simple test kit that reads only chlorine and pH. I'm reading here now that I should be switching to a bleach routine. Learning is fun!

Yesterday I ordered a Taylor K-2006 FAS-DPD test kit and a 14" Intex sand filter. They both should be here Saturday or Monday.

I just want to give a shout out to say THANK YOU to all who have posted the information that I have already read and to those who have posted the information I have yet to read.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: It started with a small plastic kiddie pool

You're quite welcome!

Good to have you here, and thank you for the kind words about TFP. Enjoy your time here.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: It started with a small plastic kiddie pool

Welcome to TFP! Lots of us started like that. Pretty soon you will have build thread going!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach