Florida pool build oh boy!

Jun 10, 2015
Palm Bay Florida
Well after talking about getting a pool built for a year and looking at several designs it is now time to pull the trigger and get er done! My wife and I have decided to take the plunge (pun intended) and make a splash (another pun intended, last one i promise). Below is a list of the direction we decided to go.

overall pool dimensions are 37'x15 free form with spill over spa
6" 4500 PSI shotcrete tank with reinforced rebar over 3/4 rock base
Stamped concrete pad 48'x28'
screened in patio

Pool and spa equipment:
Variable speed Hayward Ecostar pool pump
Hayward Cartridge filter
Hayward salt system with automation
Hayward heat pump
Hayward colorlogic pool an spa lights
1HP blower for spa

here is a picture of the design

Your design looks great Wendy. I wanted a waterfall but couldn't decide exactly what I wanted so I am installing the plumbing for later use. The biggest difference is the pool on mine completely surrounds the spa. I wanted to be a little different. I wanted to go a little bigger with the pool and decking but I was way over budget as it is. I wish mosquito's weren't so bad here then i could have done a free form pool deck also but instead I opted for the screen.

YEAH! Another Florida person! We might catch up to Texas!

I love the design. Now if you really want to help us see it take a pic of where it is going in the yard.

I do not see a size for you filter. The bigger the better.

Ask here and someone will know the answer!

I LOVE to help people spend their money so give up any details you need help with LOL

Kim

- - - Updated - - -

I just noticed the lazy river around the spa. Will you have a couple of returns there to help it flow like a lazy river? WHAT FUN!

Kim

After many times changing our minds over the last month we decided to go with a glass tile which is much more maintenance but looks oh so good.

and here is the color we went with for the inside of the pool. Its the Premix Marbletite Marquis Series Antigua. I am hoping this is a good choice and it can be applied evenly.

YEAH! Another Florida person! We might catch up to Texas!

I love the design. Now if you really want to help us see it take a pic of where it is going in the yard.

I do not see a size for you filter. The bigger the better.

Ask here and someone will know the answer!

I LOVE to help people spend their money so give up any details you need help with LOL

Kim

- - - Updated - - -

I just noticed the lazy river around the spa. Will you have a couple of returns there to help it flow like a lazy river? WHAT FUN!

Kim

The lazy river around the spa does have jets behind for water flow. It is the same depth there as the beach which is 15" i believe. I am hoping it works out ok. I am not sure of the size of the filter but I have faith in the company building the pool that they sized everything properly. They actually started the build on May 25th and are already far along. They are not wasting any time. Pictures to follow!!!

I LOVE it! I love the idea of the spa in the pool It is going to be AMAZING.

Mosquitoes. I can't even talk to you about them. For real they are SO bad. Once the pool build is complete we will have our property treated - it lasts for a month - and REALLY helps. About $45 a month - but so worth it. We haven't done it this year because we can't really use our backyard right now. But I will SO do it once the pool is built! I was so over budget - a cage wasn't even a dream.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Great design.
That Island Spa is priceless.
Your guests will remember that feature always.
Hope you don't mind being referred to as "the Island Spa" folk.

Well they came today and backfilled around the pool and leveled the soil to prepare to pour the concrete slab. I am going with stamped concrete and was wondering if anyone had any good ideas as to a design and good color to use that would match the outside of the house? Or does it really need to match the color of the house?

I picked up a sample of the inside pool finish that is being used and it is nothing like the picture above.

Also received this today! cant wait to use it!

The sample of your pool finish is night and day different from the picture. I think that's probably a good thing.

I love your pool design, especially the lazy river spa. That is awesome! And your tile choice is beautiful. I always vote for glass tile!! Happy grilling! Suz.

Funny, it's on it's way to 102 here so while the crew is outside spray decking I'm in here living vicariously through others pool posts and looking for a new gas grill. I have several Webers (I think 5) and a ceramic cooker but my one gasser is a Weber from 1992/93. I've rebuilt her three times due to her sentimental value but I think it's finally time to put her out to pasture. So looking at the new Weber gassers. You'll love that grill, its a great one!

Pool looks great too.

What an ingenious design! I adore the spa/lazy river/tanning ledge. This pool looks cooler than many I've seen in the islands. I can't wait to see you complete it. The glass tiles are beautiful and will really compliment the look of the pool :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.