Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Florida pool build oh boy!

1. Back To Top    #1

Florida pool build oh boy!

Well after talking about getting a pool built for a year and looking at several designs it is now time to pull the trigger and get er done! My wife and I have decided to take the plunge (pun intended) and make a splash (another pun intended, last one i promise). Below is a list of the direction we decided to go.

overall pool dimensions are 37'x15 free form with spill over spa
    6" 4500 PSI shotcrete tank with reinforced rebar over 3/4 rock base
    Stamped concrete pad 48'x28'
    screened in patio

Pool and spa equipment:
    Variable speed Hayward Ecostar pool pump
    Hayward Cartridge filter
    Hayward salt system with automation
    Hayward heat pump
    Hayward colorlogic pool an spa lights
    1HP blower for spa

here is a picture of the design

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Florida pool build oh boy!

I love it - and it is very similar to my pool design!
    ~Wendy
    33'X17' Sports Pool (3'6"-5'-4'6") 7' flush Spa, Blue Granite PT, Waterfalls, Weeping Wall, Baja Ledge and Doggie Beach Entry! Pentair Clean and Clear 420, IntelliFlo XF Pump, SuperFlo 1.5 HP Feature Pump, MasterTemp Heater, Pal-Treo LEDs, Dolphin M4, Liquid Chlorine & TF-100 - My Build Thread

3. Back To Top    #3

Your design looks great Wendy. I wanted a waterfall but couldn't decide exactly what I wanted so I am installing the plumbing for later use. The biggest difference is the pool on mine completely surrounds the spa. I wanted to be a little different. I wanted to go a little bigger with the pool and decking but I was way over budget as it is. I wish mosquito's weren't so bad here then i could have done a free form pool deck also but instead I opted for the screen.

4. Back To Top    #4

YEAH! Another Florida person! We might catch up to Texas!

I love the design. Now if you really want to help us see it take a pic of where it is going in the yard.

I do not see a size for you filter. The bigger the better.

Ask here and someone will know the answer!

I LOVE to help people spend their money so give up any details you need help with LOL

Kim

- - - Updated - - -

I just noticed the lazy river around the spa. Will you have a couple of returns there to help it flow like a lazy river? WHAT FUN!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

After many times changing our minds over the last month we decided to go with a glass tile which is much more maintenance but looks oh so good.

and here is the color we went with for the inside of the pool. Its the Premix Marbletite Marquis Series Antigua. I am hoping this is a good choice and it can be applied evenly.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    YEAH! Another Florida person! We might catch up to Texas!

I love the design. Now if you really want to help us see it take a pic of where it is going in the yard.

I do not see a size for you filter. The bigger the better.

Ask here and someone will know the answer!

I LOVE to help people spend their money so give up any details you need help with LOL

Kim

- - - Updated - - -

I just noticed the lazy river around the spa. Will you have a couple of returns there to help it flow like a lazy river? WHAT FUN!

Kim
    The lazy river around the spa does have jets behind for water flow. It is the same depth there as the beach which is 15" i believe. I am hoping it works out ok. I am not sure of the size of the filter but I have faith in the company building the pool that they sized everything properly. They actually started the build on May 25th and are already far along. They are not wasting any time. Pictures to follow!!!

7. Back To Top    #7

Here is the beginning!!!

before construction!

8. Back To Top    #8

I LOVE it! I love the idea of the spa in the pool It is going to be AMAZING.

Mosquitoes. I can't even talk to you about them. For real they are SO bad. Once the pool build is complete we will have our property treated - it lasts for a month - and REALLY helps. About $45 a month - but so worth it. We haven't done it this year because we can't really use our backyard right now. But I will SO do it once the pool is built! I was so over budget - a cage wasn't even a dream.
    ~Wendy
    33'X17' Sports Pool (3'6"-5'-4'6") 7' flush Spa, Blue Granite PT, Waterfalls, Weeping Wall, Baja Ledge and Doggie Beach Entry! Pentair Clean and Clear 420, IntelliFlo XF Pump, SuperFlo 1.5 HP Feature Pump, MasterTemp Heater, Pal-Treo LEDs, Dolphin M4, Liquid Chlorine & TF-100 - My Build Thread

9. Back To Top    #9

here is the beginning

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

And here is where we sit now!

10. Back To Top    #10

That is so cool! I love it!
    18' to 29' wide by 37' long, 22K gal, Lagoon Free form, vinyl lined, in ground Pool with SWG, Hayward Cartridge 175 Filter, 3/4 HP Tri-Star, Gas fired 300 BTU heater

11. Back To Top    #11

Great so far, love it. Keep those pictures coming!
    Built 1980, 19' x 30' almost rectangular, screened 15,000 gal, plaster, Hayward DE 3620 filter (currently using cellulose), Emerson 1081 1HP pump, AquaCal Heatwave SuperQuiet SQ110R heater, Zodiac T5 Cleaner, Taylor K-2006 test kit

12. Back To Top    #12

Amazing!
    ~Wendy

13. Back To Top    #13

Great design.
    That Island Spa is priceless.
    Your guests will remember that feature always.
    Hope you don't mind being referred to as "the Island Spa" folk.
    40k gal freeform, IG pebblesheen, 9'x'6' raised spa, 2-1/2 hp Whisperflo, 520 sq/ft cartridge, Legend w/ booster, Intellibrite 5g in pool @ spa, Rainbow 320 Chlorinator(retired),
    Mastertemp 400k BTU, 3x3 hp Whisperflo Swimjets, 2x2 hp Whisperflow for 15ton moss rock waterfall, Intelitouch Controller, 850 sq/ft Travertine deck, Gas/Wood firepit,
    Autofill, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir

14. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by ozdiver View Post
    Great design.
    That Island Spa is priceless.
    Your guests will remember that feature always.
    Hope you don't mind being referred to as "the Island Spa" folk.
    Dont mind at all, as you may be able to tell by my signature! Courtesy of ozdiver!!!

15. Back To Top    #15

Well they came today and backfilled around the pool and leveled the soil to prepare to pour the concrete slab. I am going with stamped concrete and was wondering if anyone had any good ideas as to a design and good color to use that would match the outside of the house? Or does it really need to match the color of the house?

I picked up a sample of the inside pool finish that is being used and it is nothing like the picture above.

Also received this today! cant wait to use it!

16. Back To Top    #16

Great pics!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

17. Back To Top    #17

TFP Guide

The sample of your pool finish is night and day different from the picture. I think that's probably a good thing.

I love your pool design, especially the lazy river spa. That is awesome! And your tile choice is beautiful. I always vote for glass tile!! Happy grilling! Suz.
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

18. Back To Top    #18

u had a beautiful lawn beforehand but your yard will be even more beautiful now!
    40' x 12' IG shotcrete (3 1/2' 5, 4'), Hayward variable spd pumpSP3400VSP, Paramount PV3 in-floor, venturi skimmer, 14,400 glns, Hayward Turbo salt cell T Cell-15, UV, Hayward DE filter, model DE4820, 2 Hayward Color Logic 320 LED color lights, Hayward P4 w puck. 2" line to in-floor valve (46'), deck mount canister parascoping fountain, leaf canister, Marbella, pebble. new build 6-24-15

19. Back To Top    #19

Quote Originally Posted by currentking View Post
    Funny, it's on it's way to 102 here so while the crew is outside spray decking I'm in here living vicariously through others pool posts and looking for a new gas grill. I have several Webers (I think 5) and a ceramic cooker but my one gasser is a Weber from 1992/93. I've rebuilt her three times due to her sentimental value but I think it's finally time to put her out to pasture. So looking at the new Weber gassers. You'll love that grill, its a great one!

Pool looks great too.
    SUMMER 2015 BUILD IG gunite 38 x 31, 28,000 gal, 110' perimeter, Intelliflo VS, Whisperflow 3hp, Intellibrite LED x2, Clean & Clear 520, Screen Logic, Intelichlor 40, Quartzscape Blue, K-2006C, Speedstir, Aquanaut 400 (4 wheel The Pool Cleaner)

20. Back To Top    #20

What an ingenious design! I adore the spa/lazy river/tanning ledge. This pool looks cooler than many I've seen in the islands. I can't wait to see you complete it. The glass tiles are beautiful and will really compliment the look of the pool
    New Build started April 2015, 20x30x40 Lagoon Style Vinyl (indigo marble/blue granite), 27,500 GAL, IG, 839 square feet, 9' tanning ledge/baja shelf, 9' radial bench, 8' classic Waterfall, 3'6" to 8'Depth, Sand, Pentair 2 speed Superflow 1 1/2 HP, SWS, 2 Pentair LED Intelibright 5 G lights, Pentair Legend Platinum II pool cleaner, 2 skimmers, 3 returns. 1080 square feet of Silver Slate stamped concrete.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast