Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jandy AquaLink RS problems

1. Back To Top    #1

Jandy AquaLink RS problems

I own a Jandy AquaLink RS pool/spa combo controller. I re-connected all wires to control board (I dis-connect every year to prevent winter issues) and now finding issues with operating "modes". Meaning, Spa Fill is Pool Mode and Pool Mode is Spa Drain. Wires appear to be connected correctly, but who knows. Any thoughts?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Jandy AquaLink RS problems

I don't think the communication wiring would cause the issue you're seeing, but do you disconnect the wiring from both ends? If so be sure to check both ends to ensure they're both connected the same.

Do you disconnect the valve wiring? If so, it could be that the valves got put back on the wrong connectors.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you. I only disconnect the control board and do not disconnect at the valves. Would the setting of the Dip switches make a difference?

4. Back To Top    #4

It's possible, but it sounds more like a programming glitch.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

Go to the equipment control panel and where the pool, spa, fill ,drain lights are, see if it is in pool mode. If it is, put the system into service mode. Push the button till you get a light at "spa". Now look at both of your valve actuators. You should see both of them moving. If you don't, you have an actuator out of sync, or it is dead. Make sure the small switch on the actuator is in any position except the middle position, middle position turns the actuator off, and it wont move. If they are not turned off, the actuator that doesn't move is probably your culprit.
    Factory Warranty Station for:
    Jandy/Zodiac, Pentair, Sta-Rite, Raypak, Polaris,
    and Paramount pool cleaning systems.