Chloramines

Jul 4, 2010
Apopka, Fl
My FC was at 4pmm CC 1.0 so I shocked with the powdered stuff, 1 bag FC went up to 8.0 CC .05...so I added another bag. Now FC 12.0 CC 0.0 I turned my SWG to 0 and it's been 4 days and FC 10.0 CC 0.0 but I smell Chlorine in the air in early morning when pump is not running, and I smell it on my body after a swim. I thought shocking was supposed to get rid of the chloramines which is the smell, right? Should I continue to let the FC level drop on it's own?

thanks

What's you CYA level? Whether or not you are truly at shock levels of chlorine depends on your CYA level.

If your water is having problems, you should do an OCLT to see how much chlorine you are losing overnight. Then, if warranted, do a SLAM.

Thanks for the replies. Pool is sparkling clear. Here are my numbers today:
FC-7.0
CC-0.0
PH-7.6
ALK-80
CYA-75
SALT-3000
CH-310
BORATE-50
I NO LONGER SMELL THE CHLORIMINES OR CHLORINE SWG STILL AT 0% Seems like it's taking a long time to drop the FC. Should I be at about 6 on the FC?

Thanks for the replies. Pool is sparkling clear. Here are my numbers today:
FC-7.0
CC-0.0
PH-7.6
ALK-80
CYA-75
SALT-3000
CH-310
BORATE-50
I NO LONGER SMELL THE CHLORIMINES OR CHLORINE SWG STILL AT 0% Seems like it's taking a long time to drop the FC. Should I be at about 6 on the FC?

taking a long time to drop FC is a great thing, don't complain about that :)

based on CYA of 80 (round up), your target FC is 6. nothing wrong with keeping it at 7 like you have. I would fire up the SWCG and start fine tuning it keep your FC stable where you have it. will give you some wiggle room

BTW, which test are you using to get these values?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.