Building a pool. shouldve built a lawn

Jun 11, 2015
NY
Hi. New guy here. I recently ripped down an old 12x24 aluminum walled weismueller. hurricane sandy's salt water deluge turned the walls into swiss cheese. i've browsed the forums and am torn on how to proceed. i've got the wall up on my new 12x24 aluminum/resin coated pool but this one side pictured below concerns me. will hanging the liner [which seems to hang directly onto the top of the wall(?!)] and filling her up pop these wavys walls straight? my 4' level says everything is spot on. everything is lined up correctly, straps, pressure plates, rails. looking forward to hearing some good news and posting pictures of a perfect pool within a few days!

Attachments

• New Image.jpg
    New Image.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 223
Yeap. You won't get rid of these waves. My cousin and uncle have oval pool and they both have those waves. But you can't really see them once you fill the pool with water.

almost like the pool is a bit larger than the circle you are placing it in? it looks to be pretty taught/straight at the top of the photo, but seems to be too much excess the rest of the way

Thats what I was thinking. The rest of the walls not pictured look close to perfect. The thing that gets me is that everything is lined up perfectly, all the holes for bolts are as they should be, the wall is sitting in the tracks, popped out a bunch during installation but I finally got it together. Funny how all the instructions and videos make it seem so easy!

Well here I am now. Still thinking I bit off more than I can chew. I tried the shopvac technique, didn't work out so well. The water in the pool now is just a bit of rain, I can still pull and move the liner but I just can't seem to get it hanging right on the two straight walls. Are ovals supposed to drive people crazy? I tried the plunger technique and even tried filling a few inches and now I just have ten sore fingers from working those wrinkles! Am I missing something?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 117
shameless bump. just tried playing with it again. the liner on the straight sides are nowhere near touching the wall no matter how hard i tug on this thing. guess i shouldnt have installed all the top rails. about to start taking them all off and will attempt to rehang. the middle seam is directly in the middle of the pool. ANY tips before my wife comes home and buries me in this hole?

I have done some liner installs but only on an IG instead of an AG. The vacuum is ESSENTIAL on IG installations and it seems like you may need to revisit if that would be helpful.

Casey will probably be along and she is very knowledgeable about liner installs.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.