Flo error help!!

Diezel

Jun 11, 2015
Merced, Ca
First time here. Hoping you all can help me. I got a used 1992 Caldera Spa model 9100. I keep getting FLO error at random times, could be within 5 minutes of resetting the breaker or a couple hours. I have removed both pumps and clean them out and have bypassed the pressure switch and made sure the shut offs on the pipes are indeed open and not blocking the flow of water and removed the filter, left the power off for a day, unplugged the battery to try and get rid of the error and turned it on at the breaker, I still get the FLO error. I cannot find a manual for this to even program it probably due to age. What could be causing the FLO error if I have bypassed the pressure switch? Any help is greatly appreciated!

20150610_212710.jpg

You say that you bypassed the pressure switch, I assume you mean the flow switch (Yeah I know :roll: ). Did it run with it bypassed?
Did you bypass it at the switch or at the board?

If bypassing the switch at the board doesn't clear it then it's most likely a control board issue.

Yes the "flow switch" lol. I bypassed it at the switch, and it still has FLO error. Like I said everything works and there is no pattern as to when the FLO error will happen. I will bypass it at the board tonight and see what happens. The only other thing I can think of is a loose solder joint (probably just reaching on that one) Luckily for me this board is old enough so I can work on it.

Ok I was able to swing by the house for lunch. And discovered the board does recognize the flow switch. I turned the spa on and while the switch is bypassed I unplugged it from the board. It started to flash between FLO and the temperature of the water but the jets are still working. That is not the original problem. The problem I'm having is at random times it will cause a FLO error not a flashing FLO error just constant FLO error on the display and then trip the breaker. Now that I know this I will look at the motors and amp them out to see what's going on. I believe the only thing that will trip the 50 amp breaker is the pump motors. But one would think if the motors are getting let's say worn out and or getting to hot and drawing way to much amp, it would be on a constant time, say every 5 minutes it would get hot enough and or draw enough amps to pop the breaker. But this could be 5 minutes or a few hours. I will disconnect one motor and leave the other running and see if it causes the FLO error and pops the breaker. Then do the other motor and see. That way I can narrow it down. Advice is greatly appreciated!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.