Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex Pool Liner is different

1. Back To Top    #1

Plainfield, Illinois

Angry Intex Pool Liner is different

I thought I saw someone post something here but I cant find it. We recently purchased a replacement liner for our Intex Pool Ultra Frame 18x52 pool. This pool came with two intake valves, our old one only had one. We have the original pump from the first liner. How do I tie the new two intake hoses to our existing pump - I obviously have to buy another hose and adapters, but I can't find anything on line on how to tie them in.. I'm willing to upgrade my pump but will it come with all of the connections I need?

So frustrating staring at a 1/2 filled pool.
    Intex Ultra Frame Pool 18x52

2. Back To Top    #2
    Edmond OK

Re: Intex Pool Liner is different

Apparently they come together with a tee like this (not my pool):

6000 gal Intex 16'x48" Ultra frame AG
    Splapool 4500 GPH 1 hp pump w/19" sand filter
    Intex Krystalclear SWG EC8110
    Hayward Dyna-skim
    Intex Auto Robot "Wally"

3. Back To Top    #3
    SW Louisiana

This is an anti entrapment feature added to comply with the Virginia Graeme Baker Pool & Spa Safety Act
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by jeffchap View Post
    Apparently they come together with a tee like this (not my pool):

Wow, that's a little less than graceful remedy.

Do your self a favor and install two standard 1-1/2 suction ports and hard plumb the two suction ports, or put a skimmer in place of one of the ports if it is high enough.

Here's my skimmer install on my Ultra Frame 18' x 48". I recommend the skimmer, but it's the same plumbing concept with two ports.

The Intex adapter at the end of the PVC is a Game 40MM Short Adapter.

There is a link in my signature to the skimmer install if you are interested.

Last edited by domct203; 06-11-2015 at 04:23 AM. Reason: grammer
    Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Hayward 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!