Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello...happy to be included and anxious to share

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello...happy to be included and anxious to share

Hello everyone. I had my inground pool built last year in 2014. It's been like living in heaven. I've always loved water and feel at home when I'm in it. I had an inground pool at my first house for roughly 12 years many years ago, then sold it to build my new house and planned to put another pool in ASAP. Well things happen, and I was severely delayed in that plan and finally made it happen last year. So I was without a pool for another 12 years. Things have changed so much in pool care since then. I learned even back then, though, that I was better off to learn as much as I could to be self reliant in my pool care. I did pretty well and everything I knew has come back to me quickly. But I still have a lot to learn, always room for improvement. I have plenty of questions, so I'll get started reading through the threads.
    16 x 32 Grecian with vinyl liner built 2014, Hayward sand filter, Manual chlorination

2. Back To Top    #2
    DFW, Texas

Re: Hello...happy to be included and anxious to share

Welcome to TFP!

Might want to read these quick hits for an overview of our methods:

1. ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry
    2. Chlorine CYA Chart
    3. Recommended Pool Chemicals
    4. Recommended Levels
    5. Pool Math
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Welcome to TFP!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4
    Manor, Texas

Welcome! I love this forum. Post a picture of your pool and tell us exactly what you love about it. We are currently having our first inground pool constructed and cannot wait to see the end result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    New pool build in Manor, Texas. 2015. 509 sq. feet; 31'6" x 19'10". Sunshelf & bubbler and waterfall sheer. Gunite inground pool. Pentair Intelliflo VS-3050 pump; Filter: Pentair Clean & Clear 420 Cartridge; Inline chlorination w/UV Sys;Lighting:Pentair IntelliBrite Color LED 120V;Cleaner: KK Racer w/booster.Bench/ledge;limestone Coping; Verona Tile 562 Decking

5. Back To Top    #5
    Tallahassee, FL

You will LOVE it here at TFP! We are all about YOU taking care of your pool. Wait until you see the test kit we use and love! The TF-100 is the best bang for the buck. My siggy has a link to where you can buy it.

I can't wait to see your pool!

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!