question about pool lighting?

Feb 2, 2008
Northwest Indiana
I was thinking about getting a light that fits into the return jet of the pool...any ideas on what is the best item to get? Is there any performance issues that I need to worry about putting a light that also has a return flow in it into my AGP? Do some work better than others? Anything to avoid? I really like the idea of doing this I like night time swimming.

spishex said:
The Aqualuminator is the most common one I see. Putting a light in the return limits what you can do with the return. You no longer have a standard 1-1/2" female thread there to put in an APG or even a regular winter plug, and you don't have the benefit of a directional eyeball return.

Any suggestions on something else...I really like the idea of a light in the pool, but do not want to cut a new hole if at all possible.

You could go with The Nightlighter. It hangs over the edge, so that eliminates any hassles with cutting or changing your return, but you will have something hanging on the side of the pool.

I've seen this style of light used on an I/G and it was great. They placed it under the diving board so it never got in the way.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.