Moving above ground pool across yard

Jaso88

Jun 10, 2015
nottingham,NH
Hi everyone,
so i bought a house and it came with an above ground pool (18' round, 52" height), the house was in foreclosure for a few years and the pool was...well a pond. I found alot of answers to fixing the "pond" on the site and the pool is empty now waiting on the new liner sitting in my basement.

Id like to move the pool to a different part of the yard, I have the equipment and knowledge to make a proper level spot for the pools new home, roughly 75 ft from its current location.

I want to know if its safe to keep the pool assembled and with (many) friends on each support column could we simply pick up the frame and move it to the new location?

The age and manufacturer of the pool is unknown, but the neighbors say the pool is roughly 6 years old.

thanks for your time guys!

Hi, welcome to TFP! Sorry, but I don't think trying to move it in one piece is a good idea. First off, it just won't move as one unit. The pool walls slide into the bottom rails but are not bolted in. Also, the bottom rails kind of snap together to form a circle. I doubt they would move as one piece either. The walls have a lot of flex in them and the columns don't really provide that kind of support.

Its not difficult to disassemble and reassemble the pool in another location.

Watch a couple of installation videos and you will see what I'm talking about.
How To: Install Above Ground Pools - YouTube

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.