Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Swim Pure Plus r1.4 recalibrate ?

1. Back To Top    #1

Swim Pure Plus r1.4 recalibrate ?

Hello all, first post here.
    I have a Swim Pure Plus system with software r1.4. My question is, can this version be recalibrated ? I have read many posts, and tried as many different ways to try to do it. It is reading low salt level, 2200 ppm, and the level in the pool is 3200 ppm. I just tested it. I suspect the salt cell is bad, it is at least 5 years old, and it is clean. Anyone acquainted with this version of software ?
    Naturally, the lights say check salt, check cell, and not generating. My chlorine is fine, but i have a pool guy that takes care of the chemicals, and i dont know if he added chlorine...
    Further, Hayward tells me i need the t-15 cell, its the only one that will work. Do we think this is accurate ?

Thanks for any advice,
    B
    Last edited by white rabbit; 06-10-2015 at 06:19 PM. Reason: More info
    10,000 Gal. In ground pool. Hayward pumps and cartridge filter. Polaris 260 pool cleaner. Hayward Swim Pure Plus salt system. Attached spa with heater.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Swim Pure Plus r1.4 recalibrate ?

You can not recal those.
    Sounds like your cell might be going bad if it is reading a salt level that low. I get a 600ppm difference between my Taylor test (higher) than my SWG reading ... but it has been like that since new. So I know that my Taylor reading 4000 while the SWG reads 3400 is fine.
    You could try raising the salt level up about 800ppm and see if the SWG starts to work ... just realize if you have to get a new cell, your salt level might be too high and you will have to replace some water.

Yes only the T-15 will work with the old software.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Why would you want to use anything other than the T-15 cell. It puts out the most chlorine and is the most economical model of the cells.
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

4. Back To Top    #4

just want to get the right one is all.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Thank You for the reply. I think i just needed a push...
    10,000 Gal. In ground pool. Hayward pumps and cartridge filter. Polaris 260 pool cleaner. Hayward Swim Pure Plus salt system. Attached spa with heater.

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

t-15 is the right one. You can always turn the output control down or shorten the run time. The total amount of chlorine a cell will generate vs its initial cost is the measure of how cost effective it is. Having a cell that has the potential to put out more chlorine is never a problem, since it has an output control. Buying the smaller model cells is just a more expensive way to purchase your chlorine.
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks guys. I may regret this, but are there any opinions about name brand cells vs generic ? I know you all are purists, i respect that. However, $200 for one more year of warranty makes me think twice. Anyone tried a generic salt cell ?

7. Back To Top    #7

OK.. never mind. Just read some reviews and ill save you the trouble. Thanks again guys for the info...

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

Now that you can buy a genuine Hayward T-15 with a 3 year warranty on Amazon for less than $400, I don't see why you would consider anything else. My last T-15 went for 7+ years before replacement.

$400/7years = $57 per year for chlorine cost.
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ