Can someone educate me on how to manage my chlorine levels during the winter? This is my first year with an IG and I was not here when the pool company closed it. It appears I already need to pump out some extra water due to a rise from lots of rain and early melted snow. I'm looking to understand more on the following:
- how often and how do I check to see if I need to shock
- what to add to shock
- what level is acceptable for the water level (nother post on this recently said that it should remain below the returns with some room to spare)
- best way to get access to the pool for chemicals, pumping
- 38x24x8' irruglar/coral shaped pool, vinyla liner, w/ steps in shallow end
- loop loc safety cover (allows water to drain through so I need to watch the level
Throughout the year I used my SWG so I never had to add chlorine - just watch the levels - so shock is new to me.