How to get algea off the top

Hey everyone, I've never had a pool before, and bought my first home a few months ago, and it has a pool! It was black to begin with...
210a6083f6ae0ca55e8ccefd44d3a781.jpg

After a couple of weeks I have gotten it to this...
05b907f58045c1d163b25226329d3776.jpg

My question is simple I think, so here goes.
I've shocked the **** out of her, and vacuumed the bottom, but how do I get the small bits of algea off of the top? I feel like I've read somewhere that you don't want to put it through the filter, but I'm in the dark. Lol
If y'all could give me a little guidance I'd really appreciate it!
Thank you!

Do you have a skimmer? Put a skimmer sock in it or some panty hose. Careful though, they clog up fast.

And welcome to TFP! And congrats on the new pool!

I went and got a package of socks for the skimmer, and when I got back, I decided to change out the sand (it was BAD), and the underdrain in the filter tank (I think it's called) was cracked, so tomorrow I'm gonna get a new a new one.
Maybe if I'm lucky, when I get the sand all put in and tank attached, all the gunk will have sunk to the bottom and I can vacuum it out! Lol
I don't have any accurate current test results right now because I've been shocking the heck out of it trying to get it to some level of clarity. Lol
I know the Cl level has been bouncing between 6 and 22.
27fc5c456caf741d6402c1b55e55b653.jpg

That's what it took to kill this stuff! Lol When I took the cover off, I couldn't see my hand six inches under!
Thank you for all y'alls help!

Yeah, I went through slam and used the pool math calculator, but it didn't help, so I got some "green to blue" stuff by hth and it cleared it up with two treatments.
389d5dfa120e5818665e60ddfbb3a31d.jpg

That was this afternoon after I finished vacuuming it again. Lol! I feel like all I really need to do now is balance it out and maintain. I tested it yesterday, and forgot about it today, but the levels are looking pretty good. I'll be swimming in it tomorrow! Lol

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.