How long did it take to get proposal?

Jun 3, 2015
Dallas. TX
I met with a PB on 06/06/15, he took all the info down and said since it is busy season it should take "a few weeks" before he can get back to us with the 3D rendering and proposal.

How long is "a few weeks"? What is the average wait time for this? How long should I give him before I follow up - 2 weeks, 3 weeks?

Thanks!

I began my search for PB's and designs the end of January. I saw 4 PB's, and most had their designs back to me in a few days to a week. One guy was two weeks. None of the PB's sent a bid proposal along with the design. That usually took only a few days after I made any design revisions. That was a relatively slow time for the PB's.

I've heard since all the rains we've had in Texas this spring, the PB's and work crews are overwhelmed with work. Our last couple of weeks of sunshine is like when an airport opens back up after a huge winter storm and planes are stacked up; all the while during the wait, planes just keep stacking up elsewhere. I agree with the suggestion earlier. Get some more bids, or use this time to research more on equipment, water features, tile and stonework, etc.

Good luck! Suz.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I also received my 5 bids within about a week to a week and a half, but I was searching in February when there is not one actually 'building' any pools in New Jersey so that was primarily what the builder was working on - bids and designs. At this point though I have added quite a few things, which my sales guy responds to within 24 hours, so I would hope 2 weeks or less - how many bids are you looking to get, maybe seek out a few more.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.