Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How long did it take to get proposal?

1. Back To Top    #1

How long did it take to get proposal?

I met with a PB on 06/06/15, he took all the info down and said since it is busy season it should take "a few weeks" before he can get back to us with the 3D rendering and proposal.

How long is "a few weeks"? What is the average wait time for this? How long should I give him before I follow up - 2 weeks, 3 weeks?

Thanks!
    No pool yet...will update once we sign the dotted line and begin construction :)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How long did it take to get proposal?

Two weeks on the outside unless it's very complex. That's IMO, others will vary.

Welcome to the forum!
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_B View Post
    Two weeks on the outside unless it's very complex. That's IMO, others will vary.

Welcome to the forum!
    Thanks!
    No pool yet...will update once we sign the dotted line and begin construction :)

4. Back To Top    #4

I received 7 bids within 3 days but my design was pretty simple. Maybe you can get a few other bids while you're waiting?

5. Back To Top    #5

We got our proposals back in about a week - but as far as the terminology he used - "few", to me, means more than 2.
    ~Wendy
    33'X17' Sports Pool (3'6"-5'-4'6") 7' flush Spa, Blue Granite PT, Waterfalls, Weeping Wall, Baja Ledge and Doggie Beach Entry! Pentair Clean and Clear 420, IntelliFlo XF Pump, SuperFlo 1.5 HP Feature Pump, MasterTemp Heater, Pal-Treo LEDs, Dolphin M4, Liquid Chlorine & TF-100 - My Build Thread

6. Back To Top    #6

1st quote within 3 weeks, out 4 weeks with other 2 but project revised 2 weeks in.
    In design and proposal stage: 46'x10' - 2ea 2'x10' 8" & 12" deep Baja Steps - 4-7' Deep - 2 Sheer Descents - 15,000 gallon in ground - Automatic Cover (under coping)- SWG - 400,000BTU NG Heater - Unknown size/brand pump(s), filter, LED, cleaner type and pool finish

7. Back To Top    #7

Yes, it took us a few days or maybe a week after we met with each PB. Our design was simple.

New pool build in Manor, Texas. 2015. 509 sq. feet; 31'6" x 19'10". Sunshelf & bubbler and waterfall sheer. Gunite inground pool. Pentair Intelliflo VS-3050 pump; Filter: Pentair Clean & Clear 420 Cartridge; Inline chlorination w/UV Sys;Lighting:Pentair IntelliBrite Color LED 120V;Cleaner: KK Racer w/booster.Bench/ledge;limestone Coping; Verona Tile 562 Decking

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

I began my search for PB's and designs the end of January. I saw 4 PB's, and most had their designs back to me in a few days to a week. One guy was two weeks. None of the PB's sent a bid proposal along with the design. That usually took only a few days after I made any design revisions. That was a relatively slow time for the PB's.

I've heard since all the rains we've had in Texas this spring, the PB's and work crews are overwhelmed with work. Our last couple of weeks of sunshine is like when an airport opens back up after a huge winter storm and planes are stacked up; all the while during the wait, planes just keep stacking up elsewhere. I agree with the suggestion earlier. Get some more bids, or use this time to research more on equipment, water features, tile and stonework, etc.

Good luck! Suz.
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

9. Back To Top    #9

only took a couple of days for each pool builder.
    2015 Pool Build --> HERE IG 19'x47' w/ 7'x7' in pool spa; 3'6"-8' deep.
    Pentair 520 Filter, IntelliFlow VS XF Pump, IntelliChlor IC60 SWG, IntelliBrite/GloBrite LEDs, IntelliTouch w/Screenlogic2. 400K BTU heater. A&A G4V in-floor cleaning system. WetEdge Prism Matrix Pebble finish. TechoBloc Pavers and Coping.
    Test kits - Taylor K-2006 FAS/DPD, K-1766 Salt, SpeedStir

10. Back To Top    #10

My wife keeps reminding me it took me 6 years for a proposal.....LOL

But for the pool, it only took us a few days to get.
    24'x54" 15k AG round - Outback Genesis
    1 1/2hp Hayward Matrix 2 speed. Hayward 180T Sand Filter
    TF-100 Test Kit
    Pool School & TF-100
    How to SLAM

11. Back To Top    #11

I also received my 5 bids within about a week to a week and a half, but I was searching in February when there is not one actually 'building' any pools in New Jersey so that was primarily what the builder was working on - bids and designs. At this point though I have added quite a few things, which my sales guy responds to within 24 hours, so I would hope 2 weeks or less - how many bids are you looking to get, maybe seek out a few more.
    New Build started April 2015, 20x30x40 Lagoon Style Vinyl (indigo marble/blue granite), 27,500 GAL, IG, 839 square feet, 9' tanning ledge/baja shelf, 9' radial bench, 8' classic Waterfall, 3'6" to 8'Depth, Sand, Pentair 2 speed Superflow 1 1/2 HP, SWS, 2 Pentair LED Intelibright 5 G lights, Pentair Legend Platinum II pool cleaner, 2 skimmers, 3 returns. 1080 square feet of Silver Slate stamped concrete.