Aqua rite t-cell issue

May 15, 2014
canada
So my turbo cell is not producing even a hint of chlorine. I went online and purchased a new one for a very good price.
I purchased a t-cell 3 which is for pools under 15000 gallons. However I knew when purchasing that it may not work because I did not know what version of firmware I had on my Aquarite system.
Anyways I got it today and began trying to change the setting on my control panel as directed by the t-cell manual. But, it is not going to work; it does not have the option to switch to a different type of cell. So I assume I have the old firmware which means technically I will have to buy another t-cell 15 which runs about $800 opposed to the 400 I paid for the t-cell 3.
My question is, if I just install the t-cell 3 without being able to change the control panel will it still produce chlorine for me? Is it just the other diagnostics that won't work? If so I can live with all the diagnostic info not working as long as it chlorinated my pool.
Or, am I going to have to return this stupid thing and spend twice the money?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.