Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Making my old pool light into something awesome

1. Back To Top    #1

Making my old pool light into something awesome

Well first off, I have an old school circular light in my pool... Wish I had a picture... I'll take one tonight. Anyways. I want to liven up my pool at night. I want to ugprade it to possibly one that can change colors, and I would really like LED too. Does anyone know of any good light fixtures/brands that would run off the same power as a generic pool light? I can check the voltage and such if necessary, even though the transformer is from the 1980's and nearly impossible to read any of the specifications of it lol. I believe I'll be replacing that old thing with a new one while I am at it too.

I would really like to use this already bored out hole for a new light, but if there are other solutions that maybe stick to the wall and aren't messy I'd be cool with that too. Thanks guys.

Leland
    16x32 27k gal oval gunite pool, 24-inch Hayward sand filter, 1HP pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Making my old pool light into something awesome

Amazon has a pretty good deals on pool light led replacements.

they come in 12volt and 120 volt. if you have a transformer very likely 12 volt, but confirm before ordering.
    16x32 IG Vinyl, 13,000 Gals. Hayward S-244T sand filter, SP2810X15 pump
    (1.5 HP motor) Raypak PR266AEN (266k btu) gas heater. TF-100 Test Kit.
    Dolphin E10 Cleaning Robot.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Making my old pool light into something awesome

Oh ok I see them here. Sweet, thanks. My light isn't currently turning on. I believe it to be the transformer. However, it could be the switch to turn it on/off too. I really don't know and am not much of an electrician. to replace the transformer, its about 100 dollars. So I may open up the on/off switch and pee in it to see it if works... kidding, but I may take it off and see what is going on in there. Might be easier to replace the switch instead of the transformer.
    16x32 27k gal oval gunite pool, 24-inch Hayward sand filter, 1HP pump