New Pergola Project

May 9, 2010
Red Bud, IL
Just thought I would post pictures of my new Pergola that I built. It was a lot of work but I am very pleased with the results.
IMG_1453.jpg.html
IMG_1447.jpg.html
IMG_1459.jpg.html
IMG_1445_1.jpg.html
IMG_1409.jpg.html
IMG_1415.jpg.html

Oh wow! :goodjob: With all those stars I would've thought you were here in the Lone Star state. :) Simply awesome work. Mind sharing where you got the hardware? I have plans to re-do mine as well and I don't see those brackets anywhere locally - unless I'm looking in the wrong place.

Hardware really sets it off. Ozco.com. It is strong and functional as well. I found it at our local lumber yard. Had to order it as it was a new line they started carrying and I was their guinea pig. Now they are stocking some of it. Their post bases are great. The hex caps are really cool too. Looks like I bolted together but I used timber screws with the hex covers. The Stars were a nice finishing touch I'll admit.

- - - Updated - - -

Love the great state of Texas BTW.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the site: http://www.ozcobp.com

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks for all the great comments. Built the pool last year and the sun beat us to death. Thought about this all winter and came up with this design. I don't consider my self a carpenter and I have to admit that at times I was in over my head but being the stubborn guy I am I pushed through and finally finished after 6 weeks of evenings and weekends. It's a little overbuilt but I'm sure it will still be here when I'm not. Used 18 gal of stain. Really tired of staining wood.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.