Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Alternatives for stainless steel storage drawers, doors, etc.

1. Back To Top    #1

Alternatives for stainless steel storage drawers, doors, etc.

I've been specking out my kitchen design and one thing I can't get over is how ridiculously expensive all the stainless steel components are... I can understand paying a premium for a quality grill/smoker/outdoor fridge (thank god I already have them), but paying hundreds and even thousands of dollars for the storage items is just crazy in my opinion.
    Has anyone found or seen either a nice alternative to the stainless steel storage items, or maybe a cheaper stainless steel storage items that won't brake the bank. I'm not looking for bells and whistles, rather for simple doors that open and drawers that slide out.
    19200gl rectangular gunite/diamondbrite perl pool || Coverpools auto cover || Jandy variable speed 2hp e-pump & Polaris PB4-60 booster pump || Polaris 3900 sport cleaner || Jandy CV filter || Jandy AqualinkRS8 w/Aqualink touch || Jandy iAqualink2.0 || Jandy Watercolors LED || Jandy AquaPure 1400 SWCG || Hayward auto chlorinator (backup) || Raypak 117k BTU heat pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Alternatives for stainless steel storage drawers, doors, etc.

There was a build on here where someone used wooden doors. I thought it turned out really nice. I agree I will spend the cash on grill but doors and cabinets just hurts.
    Completed 38'X21' IG Free form pool approx 18.5K gallons, sports pool w/spa and tanning shelf 3.5-5.5 ft. Jandy Cartridge Filter, Jandy stealth pumps, Jandy LXi Heater, I aqualink, Inline chlorinator. Click to see My Pool Build

3. Back To Top    #3

I'll look for it.... But, really, no cheap/budget option for stainless steel?

19200gl rectangular gunite/diamondbrite perl pool || Coverpools auto cover || Jandy variable speed 2hp e-pump & Polaris PB4-60 booster pump || Polaris 3900 sport cleaner || Jandy CV filter || Jandy AqualinkRS8 w/Aqualink touch || Jandy iAqualink2.0 || Jandy Watercolors LED || Jandy AquaPure 1400 SWCG || Hayward auto chlorinator (backup) || Raypak 117k BTU heat pump

4. Back To Top    #4

The least expensive option we've found is BBQGuys.com - that's about as budget as it seems to get.

5. Back To Top    #5

Amazon has doors by Sandstone that are cheaper even than the BBQguys cheapest. Not sure about quality/flimsiness, they claim to be ss304 and the reviews look good. I am considering getting them myself. Not a lot cheaper though, maybe 10-15% less

In construction (well, it is really permitted and we are waiting on PB to start digging, long story): 86 LF free form gunite, sundeck bubbler, jets on swimout. Hayward automation, pump (2-speed) and 40K gallon SWS
    In design: 20' ODK not idea what is going to look like yet

6. Back To Top    #6

I ordered from BBQCoach for my frame/grill - Amazon for the Doors and another online vendor (name slips me now) for the drawers.
    Chris - aka cwescapexlt4x4
    (Build 8/26/14 - 10/17/14) in-ground Presidential Pools 15K gallon salt water pool Pentair Inteiliflo pump, Regal Blue Pebble, Clean & Clear filter, in-floor cleaning,
    LED light, 3' sheer spill, 2 benches, large Baja step. / Pergola by Booth Built 19W x 14D // Outdoor Kitchen, W/Primo grill and BBQ Coach kit for the island.

7. Back To Top    #7

had built in wood cabinets with doors and drawers and granite counter tops. For one thing they require no maintance unlike my Firemagic grill. Instead of a bar ledge we just used one whole granite slab which makes it easier to put the spread of food and drinks out. Easier to serve large groups.
    8500 gallon IG Pebble Sheen with Spa. 3hp Pentair VS Intelliflo ( pool ), 3/4 hp WhisperFlo ( water feature ),Pentair Racer, 400K Pentair heater, Pentair 500sqft Cartridge filter, EasyTouch 8, Stenner 45mp2 15gallon wired to ET8

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by rphpool View Post
    had built in wood cabinets with doors and drawers and granite counter tops. For one thing they require no maintance unlike my Firemagic grill. Instead of a bar ledge we just used one whole granite slab which makes it easier to put the spread of food and drinks out. Easier to serve large groups.
    I love the look, I bet yours gets used as much as ours does.

John
    AquaMaster Deluxe 8000 AGP, 5500 gallons, 12x18. Liquidator and Pool Rover JR.
    1st Pool so go easy on me I'm using a TF 100.

9. Back To Top    #9

replaced the tv cover with this
    8500 gallon IG Pebble Sheen with Spa. 3hp Pentair VS Intelliflo ( pool ), 3/4 hp WhisperFlo ( water feature ),Pentair Racer, 400K Pentair heater, Pentair 500sqft Cartridge filter, EasyTouch 8, Stenner 45mp2 15gallon wired to ET8

10. Back To Top    #10

Go Coogs!
    Completed 38'X21' IG Free form pool approx 18.5K gallons, sports pool w/spa and tanning shelf 3.5-5.5 ft. Jandy Cartridge Filter, Jandy stealth pumps, Jandy LXi Heater, I aqualink, Inline chlorinator. Click to see My Pool Build

11. Back To Top    #11

haha I don't think budget was much of an issue here. lol

12. Back To Top    #12

Hi there, I thought I would chime in on this, as I am a welder also and have welded quite a bit of stainless steel, I would suggest looking for a near by welding shop with stainless experience along with fabrication, a good shop can fabricate what you are looking for at a decent price, I would recommend that all of the welding be done by the TIG method as this will give you the best outcome.

Steve H
    1) 14,500 pool/spa, 2) IG Tile, 3) Filter, Cartridge, Pentair Clean & Clear Plus M/N CCP 420
    4) Heater, Pentair Mini Max NT, Propane, 5) Pump, Pentair WhisperFlo, 2 HP rated, Service Factor 1.30
    6) Pump motor A. O. Smith 2 HP, single speed, 7) TF-100 Test Kit

13. Back To Top    #13

Geebot
    Chicago, IL
    30K gal, InGround Plaster Finish, 3.5'-9.5', Maytronics S300 Cleaner

14. Back To Top    #14

Alternatives for stainless steel storage drawers, doors, etc.

So I ended up picking up a stainless steel grill off Craig's list cheap and will be using the lower portion as door storage. Should come out just as good, but for the fraction of the price. We're moving into a new house in the spring, so will be buildings then, will post pics.