See photos of the 2 check valves we have with clear plastic--these have had visible algae (green) in them ever since the pool was built last summer and we had an algae outbreak. We have shocked twice and follow TFP method for maintaining pool successfully, but don't like that I visible SEE algae in here and today noticed the spot has gotten bigger! The valves have the same screw off type connector that is on our SWG for removal and inspection.
Question can and should we remove these and clean and if so clean with bleach solution and maybe pipe cleaners to stick in there?? Any worries with doing this??