Help!! Cloudy Pool!

Jun 10, 2015
Oregon, Ohio
We could not clear up our pool so switched to a sand filter and saltwater system about 5 days ago. The water is blue but very cloudy. cannot see the bottom at all.
Took a water sample to the pool supply store to get tested. All levels are good.
Saltwater system levels are all good. No warning lights on.
Been doing the normal backwashing
So why is it cloudy if all levels are good? Im getting very frustrated with this pool.
We do not have well water
Pool size is 28x52
We bought the required size sand pump and saltwater system for this size pool.
I just dont understand it!
Please help!

Welcome to TFP! Sorry your pool is cloudy. The pool store told me that my pool was good too. However my water was also blue, but could not see the bottom.

I followed the SLAM process on here and 13 days later my pool was great!

You will need to invest in a recommended test kit to follow the SLAM process.

I will be back with a few links for you.

Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain

Pool School - Getting Started

Pool School - Pool Chemistry

Pool School - Handy Reference

Read through these pages.

Feel free to look at My SLAM Process linked in my signature also to se the TFP methods do work.

The first thing every pool owner needs is a good test kit. Pool store testing is notoriously inaccurate. Most of the people here use either a Taylor K-2006 or a TF-100. They are very easy to use and come with step by step instructions.

You'll need to post the results from your tests to get good advice here in the forum.

Ok. I did test the PH and Chlorine myself and both read good. I watched him test the water and he did use the drops just like we would and all levels were good.
I read something on here about bubbles caused by a leak causing the water to look cloudy. Being we have only had this system hooked up for 5 days, is it possible something was not hooked up right or may have a leak somewhere?

Welcome to TFP!

We need to see numbers. "Good" doesn't mean a whole lot, as you say, the pool is cloudy so something is not "good".

The most likely scenario is that there is not enough chlorine in the pool for the CYA level. What number is you chlorine? Do you know what your CYA/Stabilizer number is?

Here is what we are looking for to be able to help you better.
Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.