Turning off AquaRite Generator at night

Nope, no issues at all, most people have their pump off more than on and the SWG is usually wired to turn off with the pump. The flow sensor in the SWG will turn off the generator anyway.

See the reply I received from Hayward support below: I have a variable speed pump with built-in timer. My concern was that I couldn't integrate it with the pump timer.

"The Aqua Rite will need to be on it's own timer; it will need to reflect the pump time, because if the Aqua Rite stays hot all the time it will be enabled to still take calculation and end up reading low for salt. "

So, basically, the SWG will read low salt if left on 24/7 (without water flow).

For safety purposes, your SWG should be wired so that it is never on when the pump is off. If an external timer or control turns power to the pump on and off, the SWG should also be wired to that control. If the pump uses its own on-board timer for switching, a seperate timer should control the SWG and be set to never energize the SWG when the pump is off.

The flow switch on the SWG is a safety device and should not be used as the primary switching for power to the SWG.

Sorry if this sounds ignorant: I just manually turn on my 2-speed pump with the toggle switch at the back of the pump. I have no timers, etc. I just purchased the Aquarite. Can I just manually turn on and off the Aquarite using the control panel switch when I do the pump? Or can it not have constant power applied at the terminals even? Thanks

Yes, you can manually turn them on. SWGs have flow sensors that shut them off, but if the flow sensor fails to shut it off there could be issues, so it is safest to shut it off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.