run time

cmc#5

Feb 21, 2015
Magnolia, TX
I've just added a ton of salt to our pool :) Well, ok, not really a ton, more like 480lbs. Anyway, I've got a Tcell-15 and wondering what others in hot southern climates are running for their SWCG setting just to get an idea if we're in the normal ballpark; 40%, 60%...? I run the pump for the filter for 8hrs right now.

If you are happy with how clean the pool is and the pool is maintaining the correct amount of FC you are good to go for now. You are in the ballpark with your settings, and they may or may not be tweaked depending on your chemical balance, pump speed, how clean your pool is, etc.

Jbizzle is the master-izzle! He speaks the truth: I have a similar pool size, same chlorinator, and I live relatively close. This week, I'm keeping things in check by running at 45% for 7 hours.

I will bump up both run time and duty cycle when we have a lot of bathers or as the water temperature rises. With my pool at my previous house in Magnolia, I recall that August was the worst month for chlorine consumption. So keep an eye on your water chemistry and adjust your chlorinator and run time as appropriate.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.