Hose bib on return side???

PBs typically install them at the time of pressure testing and then leave them in for the customer if they want.

Agree with jblizzle, they are very useful for slow draining excess water without having to involve the filter.

Just put a T-connector right above the pressure side of the pool pump and glue on an NPT threaded adaptor. Then screw the spigot on there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Can be used to drain water off if you get a lot of rain.
Or hook a hose to it and spray everyone in the pool :D

+1

My setup has 4 pumps, and I have one of these things on each. I've never used them. I imagine one could crack them open when the pump is priming to allow the air to escape the system before entering the filter, but I'm not sure what the benefit might be. I vote for spraying everyone in the pool.

Easiest way to do a partial drain to reduce CH buildup. The garden hose screws right on and a lawn sprinkler will screw to that.

Hahaha....except don't let those CA regulators see you doing it, you'll get cuffed and hauled off for water abuse :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.