Discontinued part :(

Jun 9, 2015
Lincoln, NE
While having my roof worked on, something got dropped on my sandfilter sidemount. It was drip drip dripping .. and now it's a gusher. I have worked on this filter before replacing various parts. It is a 26" Asteral and there are no parts to be found. I'm looking to replace the bushing and diffuser assembly. The diffuser looks like an L-shped pvc. No pool place in town has offered to help me find a compatible replacement, they have ALL offered to sell me a new filter. Does anyone think I would have luck taking the piece to Lowes or Home Depot and rigging a new part? How hard could it be? Has it been done before to anyone's knowledge? Thanks for your feedback.

This piece? Astral Diffuser *** Sm Millenium (28252r1000) - INYOPools.com

4860-068.jpg

Exploded parts list

Yes Richard, that's the piece. I've placed 4 different orders (doing a google search laprjns) and they have all come back discontinued - cannot get the part. Mine is actually listed as an Aster 99 and not Millienium. Part # AST00499R0410 - I've tried inyopools, poolstoreoutlet, poolpartsonline, amazon

Yes Richard, that's the piece. I've placed 4 different orders (doing a google search laprjns) and they have all come back discontinued - cannot get the part.
In that case, you don't have much choice but to try and fabricate something. Take it with you to Lowes and browse. Don't neglect the P-traps stuff for bathroom sinks - it's thinwalled PVC

1st, I would measure the thing exactly, if it isnt too far damaged.

each end is going to be the challenge if they are broke. If not broke, you could cut off each end with enough pipe left to glue to.

You could easily make a replacement for the rest of it with some pvc, 2 couplings and a 90...then glue it all together to the dimensions of the thing.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.