Which test kit/options do I need?

Jun 8, 2015
Salem Indiana
I need to know if the TF100, with the salt test strips is all I need for my SWG pool or do I need other options too. I tried to find the answer in the pool school, but either I skipped over it or didn't understand it. I'm trying to get this ordered so I can get this SWG back up and running ASAP and wean this pool off of the chlorine tabs. Thanks in advance.

I would recommend you get the XL option (larger R0871 regeant). It should last a couple of years (unless you have to SLAM), and will save you the hassle of having to reorder it and pay shipping cost again.

Another recommendation, but of course its your choice...skip the salt strips and go for the Taylor K1766 titration salt test kit. The Taylor salt test rocks and leaves no doubt as to what the salt level is and is accurate to 200 ppm. After having used it now, I would not be caught dead without one.

If your water is not crystal clear, then the XL option is a good idea. I prefer the K-1766 salt test over the strips. And the SpeedStir is a great add-on that no one has regretted buying.

The gauges they sell are really nice and if you are getting free shipping anyway, cheaper than the junk you would find locally.

My water is mostly crystal clear, and this pool has been (mostly) easy to care for. My biggest hassle has been the lack of reliability of the equipment, but that's another story all together. I've ordered the TF100 and the K1766 option. The other things are going to have to wait until I see how much it's going to cost me to get this SWG back up and running again. Can't wait to get it and get some real numbers on things! Right now my biggest concern is what the CYA numbers are going to come out at, since I've been using the trichlor tabs for about nine months, so I'm really concerned. Thanks for the help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.