Shock problem

Welcome! But I suspect we're going to need some info before we can answer clearly. For example:
- What type of "shock" are you adding?
- What are your test readings for FC, CC, TA, PH, CYA, and CH?
- Do you have your own test kit? If so, which one?
- City water or well?

TFP'ers .... anything else I forgot to ask? :)

It's possible that there could be some metals in the water. Since the OP is from Staten Island, I would assume he/she is on municipal water - would be surprised if they posted back and said they were on a well. Going with the city water assumption for now, the other culprit for adding metals to the water is past use of copper-based algaecides or ionizers.

Fink0517: In addition to responding to Texas Splash's questions, please indicate if you are aware of past use of algaecides and/or ionizers.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Hold on guys ... they said "perma salt" ... so there is DEFINITELY metal (copper & silver) in the water. And that is why your water is turning green when you add chlorine.

We never recommend the use of copper in your pool as it can cause staining and green hair.

Search the forum and there are many threads discussing the perma salt scam I mean system ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.